Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #1 
Duskdog

Petco's Betta Selection

So today at work the new reset of the betta planogram was due, and in addition to a change in layout, there was a new flipbook about varieties of bettas (which I had seen weeks ago) and, more interestingly, a whole host of new price stickers for a whole new selection of bettas!

I don't know if this will be company-wide, available in all stores or just some, etc. but apparently some Petco stores, at least, are going to be expanding their betta selection! None of the new ones have come in yet so they're not yet in stock at my store, at least, but we now have price stickers for:

Plakats, halfmoon plakats, halfmoon doubletails, king halfmoons, and a couple of others that I can't recall off the top of my head (doubletail plakats, I believe)? I was busy so I didn't get to look over all of it as much as I would have liked. As you might expect, though, some of them will cost you a pretty penny more than a veiltail or even a crowntail.

It's possible that your local Petcos may have these in stock already, but like I said, mine doesn't, so I'm not sure what the status of other stores is. The prices are on our shelf now, though.
Duskdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I was just at Petco today and was asking them when the next shipment of fish will be in, so I don't think mine will have it anytime soon or she would have mentioned new kinds. =[

I sure hope we get them though!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #3 
Alex09

Hmmm - My petco has king plakats but not regular ones. Im gonna have to check it out. Did it say when they were gonna start selling?
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #4 
dirtyfishbow

my store has the new bettas in, how good looking they are. but only two types of femails,are there doubletail femails?
dirtyfishbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #5 
Posaune

I just went to petco today, they had a better looking display for them I noticed, but I didn't see much for selection (maybe they're waiting on others, I dunno :P)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #6 
cballas

Maybe the betta bug has gone nationwide? lol

I just talked to the small mom N pop pet store manager..He said that people were requesting females,
whereas a few months ago he had no demand for them at all.
The ones they have always look healthy & the employees obviously care.
OH! And they have Wild Type betta too now! big ones!

I hate Petsmart's treatment of them, at least the one by me. Petco is a bit better,
but there is always waaaay too many & they are not very happy looking.
I've only seen VT and CT offered so far...
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #7 
celine18

my petco has a bunch of types!!! veintail, crowntail, plakat, hmpk, half moon, doubletails, all different types of female, oh, and one or two giant bettas of course!!! about a week and a half ago i went in and that little book was there, and the bettas had a new display, and there were so many pretty aquabid-ish bettas!!!! they had this BEAUTIFUL pure white crowntail!!!

but, i went a few days ago and the fish weren't looking as good, so i guess i got there right after their arrival....and theres a bunch of em now...BUT STILL!!! they're fun to peruse through XD
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #8 
cballas

Dang ya'll are lucky! I think Tampa (Florida all around??) has crappy chain pet stores.
They look shabby all around, not just the bettas...the birds, the reptiles...the employees are
mostly rude...why I stick with small stores here. FL sucks. LoL
cballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #9 
JKfish

Huh, this is cool. I haven't been to a petco in about a month now, and the one I visited was way up north in ohio XD (we were on a trip) Lol, if the Petcos near me get a selection like that, I think the 1/2 hour drive would be worth it :D. Can anyone tell me how the cups at petco are? I heard that they've gotten even smaller.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #10 
metalbetta

The petcos in my town have different selections...
The one up north (further away) has HMPKs but doesn't have "kings", where the south one (right next to me) has deltas, halfmoons, etc. Sometimes the accidental doubletail marked as a VT. ;)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote