Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #1 
Welsh

Is this just me?

Trying to find a HM female is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I have a cellophane marble female which is from a halfmoon line but trying to find a true HM is not easy. Is it just me or are these fish difficult to get a hold of unless you buy off aquabid?
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

I never see hm females for sale alone, just on AB if you buy a male and get a sibling!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #3 
Pomsizzle

MY pro LFS store cares Pure breed HM with no fin tare or anything! 20 dollars! It was a great investment! also HM females * gunna pick me up one of those
Pomsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #4 
zelilaa

what are you getting a female for? breeding, sorority, or just as a plain old- fishy wishy?
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Yeah HM females are only available on aquabid. BTW if you ever see HM females at a store and their kids end up being VT...no suprise there.

MY pro LFS store cares Pure breed HM with no fin tare or anything! 20 dollars! It was a great investment! also HM females * gunna pick me up one of those

Alot of VT females look HM but aren't...only HM females can be found on a breeders site or on aquabid. Also almost all of these HMs are culls, not worthy of breeding.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #6 
Pomsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Yeah HM females are only available on aquabid. BTW if you ever see HM females at a store and their kids end up being VT...no suprise there.

Alot of VT females look HM but aren't...only HM females can be found on a breeders site or on aquabid. Also almost all of these HMs are culls, not worthy of breeding.
They bought from a local breeder that bought from aquabid. And now breeds. I think they do have some VT there though. They keep the HM for themself, unless your buddie buddie with them
Pomsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote