Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #1 
dipsydoodlenoodle

Betta and snails - my experience

I got 2 baby apple snails yesterday; I put them in my girls tank and they flared at them and tried to eat them; after about 10mins I decided to take the snails out. Late last night I added some MTS to their tank; they didn't bother with them; however this morning in the light they took a dislike to these as well; and I spent my morning scooping the MTS out (before work eeek).

On the other hand; I impulse bought a sulawesi snail a month ago and tried it in with my male; after a day he finally realised it was there and flared at it; then he's left it alone since; he's now got 3 sulawesi snails for company and now the 2 baby apple snails :). He's so chilled in comparison!
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #2 
Chicklet

Most betta's are very curious about anything new added to their tanks,
They will inspect it, pick at it, flare at it, But given a little time they usually adjust and then mostly ignore it.
That has been my experience with most betta's, However occasionally you get one that doesn't accept,

I found me a solution to those guys.
Drop them in one of my larger tanks that's loaded with grow out Mollies, They drive him in a frenzy for a short while, there's just too many of them for him and it's never the same one twice,, After a very short while he gives up his fiesta ways and settles in, Then a few days later he always appreciate a more quiet tank with just a few mates..
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

@ chicklet: Lol your post reminds me of some kind of parenting strategy. XD at least it seems like it'd be applicable to children too.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #4 
dipsydoodlenoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
Most betta's are very curious about anything new added to their tanks,
They will inspect it, pick at it, flare at it, But given a little time they usually adjust and then mostly ignore it.
That has been my experience with most betta's, However occasionally you get one that doesn't accept
Most of my girls didn't care; it was just a couple of them. I'll try them in there again when they are a bit bigger since they were bought for that tank :)
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote