Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #1 
kuklachica

Some updates

Hi all...

I haven't been around for a couple of month. My life has been a mess for various reasons so I have tried to simplify and staying off of forums made life easier. Didn't have to check replies etc...

But my fishies aren't doing well :( One of my guys, Slimer, became emaciated and I treated him for parasites, internal bacteria, you name it, and nothing worked. I eventually had to euthanize him. I treated the other guys at the same time to be proactive, but apparently it wasn't effective. My two favorite fish look like they have maybe one week left before they will either die or I will have to put them down. And I noticed today that another one has stringy white poo.

I've done all I can to try to figure this out, but apparently it is beyond my control :( I think there might be something in our water since it happened all of a sudden. The bettas at my local Petco (where I worked this summer) have also been dying in mass numbers right after they arrive and they get them settled in their own cups. They've had about a 50% die off rate even though they take great care of them. And we share the same water source.

My personal life is getting back on track, but I am done with bettas. Too many variables and too hard having to euthanize them.

Sorry for the sad updates :(

Last edited by kuklachica; 10-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #2 
Euphie101

That's horrible... It sucks that your done with bettas, and having to put them down (especially all close together) must be so hard. I can't imagine having to do that to my fish. It does indeed sound like something in the water, so at least rest assured its not your fault.
Euphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #3 
ANHEL123

Sorry u feel this way. I love betta I always will have them. I hate to see them dying in the stores. They are beautiful and fun. I have 7 bettas and each of them in 2.5 gall tank, which easier to take care of and then they don't get sick from each other.

Also I know medication which treats bacteria positive and bacteria negative. It really helped us before to treat 7 betta with different symptoms. The medication are TETRACYCLINE MIX TOGETHER WITH FUNGUS ELIMINATOR + AQUARIUM SALT. We treated fin Rot , COLUMNARIS,we also had fish which we brought from store and it didn't eat and hid under plant for 7 fays and he recovered from medications we treated with. I understand that some times when u buy betta and they don't eat for a few days then they recover . But one time I had betta with no body wise sickness symptoms and betta didn't eat for 9 fays and never recovered.So if I see betta don't eat more then 3 days I treat them.

Also the person on this forum told me that there is medication ICK AWAYBY WARDLEYS really help for ICK,VELVET AND FUNGUS.

I just want to the WalMart 3 days ago where I was stunned to see that poor betta torture there. It was 4 or 5 dead and rest dying in the blurry yellow water. But it was 2 survivors they were next to each other getting mad. Of course I just grabbed them I thought if they die at least in peaceful atmosphere. I have them on my work table for 10 days. I gave them TETRACYCLINE AND FUNGUS ELIMINATOR. One of them look like health ,eating and swimming normally another one eating but less active though.

LOVE BETTAS!
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Hi kulkachica! Sorry to hear about the rough patch you've been going through and the loss of your bettas...hope things start looking up for you. It is good to see you here though, even if you don't have any bettas.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Sorry about your bettas :(

Do stay on the forum to offer advice and info!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about your bettas. You're always welcome to stop in and say hi any time. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

Ohh you were one of the first people to comment and help me when I first joined!! I can understand why you would need to take a break from an animal, especially when you need something constant, and just adding living things to take care of can be tough.. <3 :( I never got to know you well, but I'm sorry about everything and I hope you do stop by and visit even with no bettas!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I was wondering what happened to you. I'm sorry you've had a rough few months or so but it is good to hear from you again.

Did you try calling the town to see what the heck is going on with your water? I'm really sorry about your fish. I know how much time and care you give your buddies.

Hugs ( )
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote