Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

My Bedroom Betta Set-up

I finally got around to getting rid of the awful fake plants in one of my fish tanks, and I thought I'd take some photos of my current bedroom set-up. The smaller tanks are 30 x 30 x 30 (cms) while the long shallow one is 60 x 30 x 18. The big one on my dresser is 60 x 30 x 36, and is only filled that high because I'm not really sure how much more weight that dresser can hold. My Thailand crowntail pair are currently living down in the study, but I have a big rimless 3ft tank on order to divide up for them, and hopefully will have enough space left for a small sorority as well.

Please excuse the mess, I was fixing up Perseus’s tank and giving the plants some ferts. The little plant in the white bowl was a ‘small’ peace lily I ordered online to grow emersed out the top of the shallow tank. Small is right! Haha it’s only grown one whole leaf in the time I’ve had it, and it gets sprayed regularly, given liquid ferts, and is in a mixture of gravel and Ada aquasoil.

Perseus's tank all planted up. The light was meant for my 2ft tanks so it looks a bit squished.

Picture of my whole bookcase. Odin and Frigg live in the two bottom tanks on the right, while Brigid lives on the top shelf. The power cords will eventually all go out the back of the shelf to make it look a little neater.

Picture of the big 2ft long tank. Bacchus was lucky enough to get dibs on this when my favourite little betta Nereus died early last week.

Everyone has a heater, filter and live plants, and everyone aside from Perseus, has a cycled tank.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

awwe they all seem very spoiled. what a nice set up, wish I had room for something like that!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

They are very spoiled They all came from the local pet store, which although takes rather average care of their bettas, is usually the only place I can find anything more than the usual blue and red veil tails. They're quite a motley looking crew, and at this point I think I've spent well over two thousand dollars on them. Not to mention the fortnightly $50.00 I pay my mum for electricity and water costs. She was not happy when I tried to set up one tank so that I had two and two on the bottom shelf and blew the circuit when I plugged the heater in.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 
Jupiter

That is a gorgeous set-up you've got! Do you get your tanks from the same petstore? Can I see a bigger picture of Brigid's tank on the top shelf?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #5 
LittleBettaFish

I ordered all my tanks online. They’re this brand called Do!Aqua, which is like a cheaper offshoot of the ADA rimless tanks. I took some quick shots of Brighid’s tank for you to have a look at. It is my easiest tanks to maintain since there’s nothing but pebbles, driftwood, and some moss I picked out of the front garden. I also really love how shallow it is.

She had nearly half her tail missing when I first got her. Thankfully, with good water and plenty of frozen bloodworms, it's grown back. She used to be nearly white in her body, but now she's much more colourful - and feisty!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Yeah, I REALLY love the look of that tank...and she is really cute!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #7 
Neelie

wow your bedroom is packed with water lol.
i like the shallow tank!!! it looks perfect for bettas
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote