Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #11 
rmcwilli

hmm.... i will just have to find a girl who is willing to let me run her nylons over the wet plant that has been in a fish tank for the weekend....
rmcwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #12 
TaylorW

Hahaha! Really, I just go by if it feels rough to me, I don't buy it! But the fabric way is a good way to test.

Here's a good thread about heaters that I found, this might help you select what kind you want better

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=54041
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #13 
Adastra

I only recommend heaters with an adjustable temperature dial--they have a dependable thermostat which will give you security, stability and control. Only a few people have conditions that are ideal for using pre-set heaters. Your house needs to have a fairly high, stable ambient temperature for them to be effective, and not everyone has that luxury. It's good to know your betta's tank temperature will not fluctuate if someone decides to turn up the heat or the air conditioning or if they accidentally leave a window open.

I recommend buying your supplies online whenever possible, the prices will usually be around $10 cheaper online than in a retail store and you don't find yourself supporting stores that mistreat their fish, lizards, birds, and other small animals. I do all my shopping here: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...lies/pr/c/3578 since they have a wide variety of quality items and offer very reasonable $8.99 flat rate shipping--so if you buy more than one item, you save enough to more than make up for the cost of shipping. It's the best way to get the supplies you need.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #14 
rmcwilli

thanks! you have been a very helpful person, TaylorW. i felt the plant, and it feels rather rough, so i think i am going to remove it as soon as he gets used to it.
rmcwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #15 
TaylorW

You're welcome! :) And thanks for the good advice Adastra!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote