Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #1 
Johnny579

head and tail light tetras and lemon tetras...

I currently have a 20 gallon tank set up, the water is crystal clear and everything test perfect. It currently houses:
1 twin tail halfmoon betta
6 marble hatchet fish
6 neon tetras
3 kuhli loaches
1 bn pleco
5 head and tail light tetras
1 lemon tetra
4 java ferns
2 moss balls

I plan on adding some hornwort anacharis and anubias and replacing most of the ornaments with a decent sized piece of driftwood and some rocks. The most recent add to this aquarium was the head and tail light and lemon tetras. I was at my lfs and ask for 6 head and tail light tetras. The guy helping me had no clue what he was doing and i had to point out the fish i wanted, it didnt help that these were in a way overcrowded tank that included h and t tetras glowlight tetras and lemon tetras (or the fact that the guy who worked at this pet store was complaining about breaking out in hives when he had to handle the guinea pigs or hampsters). But in the end i got home with 5 head and tail tetras and 1 lemon tetra, they seem to be schooling together alright but will he be ok if i leave them like they are and will they continue to school together?
Johnny579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #2 
tankman12

I would get 4 more lemon for it to be very happy. That would make your tank a little over, but with the plants and keep your chemistry good and you will be fine.

On a side note. Make sure the anubias is tied to decor, and the hornwort is floating or tied (it will rot is planted).
Posted via Mobile Device
tankman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #3 
Johnny579

Thanks, I shouldnt have any trouble finding a good spot for the anubias and i was planning on floating the hornwort. Ive heard the hatchet fish love to play in it and the school will enjoy pushing it around the aquarium.
Johnny579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #4 
tankman12

Ya my silver hatchets LOVE the frogbit. Your will enjoy hanging out in it. Cuz it is what they do in the wild.
Posted via Mobile Device
tankman12 is offline   Reply With Quote