Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #1 
SaylorKennedy

Petco 2 Gallon Hex (New one?)

So I was in Petco the other day and I found a newer version of Petco's 2 gallon hex. It looks like the older ones but didn't have the bottom support and the top was smaller. It comes with a filter and led lighting, which has like 3 different settings on it (night light, day light and something else)

It was definitely a petco brand.
I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has boughten one. It was priced at $29.99

Like this, but not lol

SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #2 
Capricorn

Oh, that's why they must have had the others on clearance, lol... I bought four of the old ones at $5 each. I took out the under gravel filter and just use it as is lol.

Sounds nice with different lighting settings, though.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #3 
Alexanderismylife

My friend has a tank that looks exactly like that lol :P I think it was probably the older version though. Hers works good though :)
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #4 
Adastra

I certainly would not pay $30 for a piece of junk like that, sorry. Only a few dollars more would get you a larger tank kit with more features. Why waste the money on something that looks so shoddily made? o_O
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #5 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
I certainly would not pay $30 for a piece of junk like that, sorry. Only a few dollars more would get you a larger tank kit with more features. Why waste the money on something that looks so shoddily made? o_O
I cant help but agree. the set ups at walmart seem better. the filter and such is not that great, but it's a hood, light, and glass aquarium.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #6 
eclover09

I have two of those tanks, they work OK...but I did get mine on sale for ten bucks each...to be honest I wouldn't spend thirty on one, no way.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:17 AM   #7 
SaylorKennedy

Space. But I was actually just wondering about the filter. Sorry I didn't make that clear. From my understanding the one that comes with the new one is an actual filter and I just wanted to see what they thought of it.

Trust me, I know about the walmart ones. I have both a 5 and 10 gallon kit and they're great.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #8 
jewledrose

I had the older one for a while (got it on sale), and I didn't like it. The undergravel thing was broken (and not to mention poorly made!) so I jsut used the tank by itself with a heater in there. And that said, my betta developed an obsession with his reflection with so many corners to reflect himself. >.> I definately would not recommend the tank, and it has been sitting in the garage as an emergency tank since I moved betta into the 10gal.
jewledrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #9 
celine18

i have an old one that i bought on clearance for $5. i haven't set it up (not allowed. technically, i was supposed to return it, but that sooo didn't happen, haha) but i opened it up, and it was pretty cheaply made, and i'll deffinetly buy a seperate filter for it when i set it up. i'd say it isn't worth $30. look for a clearance one, if you like it. :)
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #10 
zelilaa

I LOVE hexs... but my walmart doesnt have a fish section D:
im thinking of ordering one online next october when i get my 20 gallon so i can replace the 2.5 gal normal glass tank i have.
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote