Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #1 
kuiopy

Unhappy My fish won't eat

My fish hasn't eaten in three days. Is this normal? He's been swimming normally. I think he looks thinner too... but I'm not sure of this. Please help me out. This is my first beta, and I'm not sure what to do. Thanks.
kuiopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #2 
Adastra

How long have you had him? Some fish don't eat for the first few days after you get them. It may be helpful to soak his food in a little tank water before feeding, it helps release the smell of the food into the water and makes the food more appetizing. If he keeps refusing to eat for a week or so, you might want to treat him for internal parasites--they're quite common and easily cured with dissolving tablets with the ingredients metronidazole and praziquantel, and it can cause loss of appetite.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #3 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I've had my fish for the past two days and he hasn't ate anything yet either. I assumed this was normal, just give him a little more time.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #4 
Feral

My guy refused Betta balls, bloodworms, and Betta flakes for TWO WEEKS after I got him- finally consented to eat freeze dried brine shrimp and to this day (and other than tiny live insects I catch for him) that's all he'll eat... just gives me a dirty look I swear and swims away, lol... finnicky little booger

If you've had him for a while and he's stopped eating that's probably another matter but then you say he's behaving normally otherwise?
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote