Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #1 
ThePearlFish

A Complete Fail!

So I was taking home a cat that was up for adoption at the vet's i work at cus his sister was adopted and so I felt bad cus he was all alone. He was born at the vet's office's other location and has been there for 5 months (actually now almost 6)

Well all weekend I was complaining how I would be so heartbroken and jealous of whoever adopted him and my BF comes up from the basement and suddenly asks me "so am I getting the impression that you want to adopt Jacob?" and I am like "Don't ask me these kinds of questions!!!!!!" and of course can't stop a smile from spreading to my mouth. and he is like "to be honest, he won't be all that much work and when you and Emmy (my dog) Rowan (my cat) won't have anyone to play with" (he was talking about my dog and Rowan playing) and then he said "This comes with ONE CONDITION, you are not allowed to bring home anymore animals not under any circumstances, you are not allowed to do anything nice for the animals at the vet again"

I am such a failure. I told him "didn't I tell you a long time ago that this is why I could never be a fosterer? cus I would end up hoarding all the animals"

Anyways, Jacob is now our new baby (apperantly he and his litter was named after Twilight characters)

I post pics at some point.. sigh.. I am happy, but I just don't know how people can seperate their hearts when they foster..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #2 
Feral

I know what you mean, my 'off' switch doesn't work either I decided to raise Rhodesian Ridgeback pups for sale once, kept them long enough to wean them- wrong, wrong, wrong... by then they all had names, and once they had names, well.... LOL
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #3 
CodeRed

:D That's so cute! Glad to see you're getting him :P We were going to foster some animals, but we realized just in time they'd never leave here, LOL. Good to see you're posting pics, you know what'll happen if you fail to do so (;
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #4 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
I know what you mean, my 'off' switch doesn't work either I decided to raise Rhodesian Ridgeback pups for sale once, kept them long enough to wean them- wrong, wrong, wrong... by then they all had names, and once they had names, well.... LOL
I love Rhodies. I could have sworn my dog was mixed with one at one point, but then, she could be any breed of hound-like dog..

Quote:
:D That's so cute! Glad to see you're getting him :P We were going to foster some animals, but we realized just in time they'd never leave here, LOL. Good to see you're posting pics, you know what'll happen if you fail to do so (;
haha! well I will try to get better pics today. My camera phone's are so blurry. Plus they never are still enough it seems.

I called my work to tell them right away so no other person could have a chance to inquire about him and the receptionist was like "I KNEW this would happen" and I am like "be quiet..." haha.

Soo ya.. My black cat that we decided to adopt on Halloween named after a twilight character, that is about creatures that are related to halloween, vampires and werewolves. I am tempted to name him Warlock cus I don't care for Twilight all that much, but I have been calling him Jacob for soo long. I hate human names unless they sound really unique or are named for a unique purpose on animals. (Like I obviously like my Animals below in my siggy that have human names lol)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #5 
vaygirl

That's exactly why my husband voiced a definite NO! when I talked about fostering for Tri State Basset Rescue. Lol!

I'm glad you're happy! :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #6 
CodeRed

I like Worlock xD We used to have a black cat named Magic. You've just gotta name a black cat something halloween-y xD
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #7 
ThePearlFish

We are calling him Jacob, I guess it just stuck after calling him that for so long.

His title is Jacob the Warlock though ;)
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #8 
xswornxoffxjello

Awesome! I'm really glad you're getting him. :) I adopted a foster too, not too long ago, but I'd never be able to do it myself...have the same problem as all of you guys, lol.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Awwe good for you! Cant wait to see pics.

That is half the reason I left my vet assistant job. I couldnt be around all the animals anymore.. I have wayyy too many animals spread out at too many houses. lol!
after all the cats I own pass away, and the youngest is 3 years, the oldest 5 and then all over in between-ers so we have a LONG way to go, I am done with getting any more then 2 cats and 2 dogs at a time. hehe.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #10 
ThePearlFish

i said he same thing after allll the animals i own pass away and i graduate then we can think about another animal or cat. so much for that :P

i have to go to class then fix my memory card (empty it) then i can post pics :)