Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #1 
Fernfronds

Hello Betta Parents, Fern here!

Hello there, I'm Fern. I'm 22 (23 in November), and I live in Massachusetts. I am new to the forum, but not new to Betta keeping. I have had a total of 8 Bettas, including my current little baby. I have lurked here for a while, and decided to join to help others and to share my adventures with my new little baby.

My last Betta unfortunately had gotten very sick and it got to the point where he could barely function, so I made the decision to Euthanize him. It has been about 4-5 months since then, and I have been completely without Bettas since. However, I do miss having them around, and my boyfriend has the sweetest VT boy in his little home office that I have been getting a bit envious of, so a few days ago I set up one of my old 3 gallon critter keepers and got myself a little approximately 2 month old petco baby betta who I have named Mercutio. I am 90% sure he is male due to his lack of egg spot/ovaries (at least that I can see). He is just under an inch and a half long right now and is bluegreen with red on his fins/tail and what appears to be a black dorsal stripe.

Anyway, I also have a 29 gallon community aquarium, a winter white hybrid dwarf hamster, a nearly 5 year old mixed breed house Rabbit, and way too many plants XD

I look forward to chatting with you all :)
Fernfronds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask, and remember to keep your baby extra warm and well fed
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #3 
Fernfronds

Thank you very much for the welcome :) I will definitely ask if I have questions. And I definitely will. He is nice and warm and has a nice fat baby belly right now and is starting to really explore his new home. He's even flared at me twice now, the little devil x3
Fernfronds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #4 
EvaJupiterSkies

Welcome to the forums! :)
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #5 
VTLance827

hi I guess you could call me born again betta fish lover. My first betta fish died a while ago I had him for about a year before he died, and i have recently just decided to buy a new one cause i just adore betta fish and find them so beautiful. However its been a while since ive had to take care of one so im a little out of practice. For some reason i feel like this new betta that i just bought hates me. He seems to just stay in one place for long periods of time doesnt really act to when i move my finger around gently around the glass of his tank. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions of anything i could do to help him?
-Veronica
VTLance827 is offline   Reply With Quote