Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #11 
Adastra

Congrats on your new addition! He's very pretty. I'm not really a big fan of those tacky picture-backgrounds either--but it actually looks quite nice if you put some double sided tape around the top and bottom of the rear of the tank and attach some dark fabric--it hides all the wires and helps the filter intake and the heater blend in so they look much less obtrusive. I have a navy blue piece of scrap fabric behind my community tank and a dark brown scrap fabric behind my planted betta tanks because I figured brown would be more fitting with the blackwater environment bettas come from. Their water is brown from IAL anyway, lol.

But yeah, colored fabric remnants make great backgrounds since they don't reflect light like shiny paper and they don't wrinkle or bubble up or deteriorate when they get wet. Just remember to iron it before you tape it to the tank.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #12 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Congrats on your new addition! He's very pretty. I'm not really a big fan of those tacky picture-backgrounds either--but it actually looks quite nice if you put some double sided tape around the top and bottom of the rear of the tank and attach some dark fabric--it hides all the wires and helps the filter intake and the heater blend in so they look much less obtrusive. I have a navy blue piece of scrap fabric behind my community tank and a dark brown scrap fabric behind my planted betta tanks because I figured brown would be more fitting with the blackwater environment bettas come from. Their water is brown from IAL anyway, lol.

But yeah, colored fabric remnants make great backgrounds since they don't reflect light like shiny paper and they don't wrinkle or bubble up or deteriorate when they get wet. Just remember to iron it before you tape it to the tank.
That is a greta idea! Thank you. I am going to do that today when I get home.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #13 
Jupiter

He's handsome! Love his bright greens. Mind posting a picture of the fabric BG if you put it up?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #14 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I will definetly take a picture once my new betta is more aquainted with my tank. Ellis died over the weekend, and now I am super worried. I think Ellis wasnt very healthy from the start though. =[
my new betta is already zipping all over the tank, resting on the plants, flaring at every little thing, mainly the thermometer.. lol!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #15 
dragonfair

Say, that's a good idea about the fabric background. I'm gonna try that!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote