Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Lasik

Well, my eyesight isn't so good, and lately my mom has been pushing me to get this procedure done.

I'm pretty hesitant though...it just seems...ughhh...

I'll have to research it a bit before I give her an answer, though I've been resisting so far.

Has anyone gotten corrective eye surgery before that can share their 2 cents or experience?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #2 
Jessiefish

I say... if you're fine with who you are, don't do it. It's expensive and not a guarantee that your eyesight won't continue to go south -- which means multiple surgeries. It's also not a guarantee that you will end up with perfect vision.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #3 
Moldau

It really is a personal decision. I know some people are really glad to have this procedure done and be able to see well unaided. However, others are happy to stick with glasses or contacts. I can understand being hesitant about it. I do know someone who had to have it done twice because his sight continued to get worse after the first time. I can't really speak from personal experience because I've always had adequate vision. Lately it hasn't been so good though so I'm going to have to do something about it soon. I think I'll just get glasses, though.
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 AM   #4 
dukie1346

I had eye surgery once before, but that as a few years ago, when I was 9 or 10. They had to laser my eyes and then stitch it up. The reason I had to get it because I was cross eyed, and the surgery helped my eyes be straighter most of the time. Of course it hurt A LOT, and I still need glasses :/ Your surgery would be different, I know, but make sure you want to have it done, and I wish you the best of luck with any decision you make.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #5 
ThePearlFish

I have had multiple surgeries on my eyes cus I was born with lazy eye which made me cross eyed, I wear glasses but I think my eye doctor at one point said there might be a possibilty that I could do something like lasik but I like wearing glasses, how they look on me, of course I can't really see without my glasses so I dunno how I really look without them LOL. but my glasses cover up bags under my eyes a lot so that is a plus! haha

anyways, it is personal preference, but make sure you go with a reputable doctor since your eyes are important of course.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #6 
celine18

it really is your personal decision, you shouldn't let your mother pressure you into it. if your happy with contacts/glasses, then stick with them.

side note. i seem to remember back when this stuff first came about a lot of issues with night blindness while driving, which could be extremely dangerous, so be sure you look into that :)
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with whatever you decide.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #8 
nochoramet

I really want to get it done, but yet again, I'm so used to my contacts and my eyes have been improving slowly over the years by themselves that I doubt I'm going to get it. I'm really farsighted but it's nothing that contacts/glasses can't handle. I say do whatever feels right to you. It's your eyes, after all.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #9 
Jupiter

Thanks for backing me up.

Well, apart from the generall iffiness of the surgery, I'm worried that it won't be a cure-all solution...and that my eyes will still get worse, and my parents would have wasted all that money for nothing.

Plus, I love my contacts! I get blue eyes!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote