Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #1751 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
Today, I saw my library had a chiclid (?) tank, and I know nothing about chichlids, but I do know that that tank is grossly overcrowded. :/ It made me really mad! Even my friend, who knows nothing about fish in general knows that it's just not right. x(
Overstocking a cichlid tank is a common practice to help disperse aggression - it helps make sure not just one or two guys are getting picked on. You should see my 75 gal. cichlid tank - it would make you CRINGE! Plenty of filtration & water changes and it's all good, though.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #1752 
Lion Mom

"Any insight on how to go about doing this (type of sponge, how to secure it, etc.)? "

Here is a pic of how I do it.

AquaClear or Imagine sponges/foam are the brands I happen to use & should be available at any LFS.

Hope that helps! :)
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #1753 
Fawnleaf

Yeah, but the library tank is SERIOUSLY overstocked. As in, the fish can't see more than a few inches infront of them, because of a fish for a fake plant. :/ it's supre sad!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #1754 
roxyheart

where you do you buy your tanks and the pretty things inside? I saw like 5 or 6 things i like in your tanks.. The turtle, and the frong and maybe a dora i saw?
I just bought a little pumkin holder and put it in my tank ill have to take a picture but im just starting out with fish decor ;)
roxyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #1755 
Panthera

Here are some new ones of my tank :3 I know its not much right now, kinda bare. But Adamu seems to like it, and look! I removed a few of the suction cub plants and separated to have them float on top, and what do I come back to 20 minutes later? Adamu moved them to the other side of the tank, and has made a nice Bubble Nest :3

I'm going to be redesigning his tank sooner or later as soon as I have money. Which them should I go for? Tokyo-vibe or African-Savannah? I'm feeling more Tokyo myself :P Anyway here are some pics!

(Here's the tank, note how small Adamu is compared to the 5.5 gallons. Is he still a baby? :/)

(BUBBLE NEST FTW! And made in only 20 minutes if I might add in, pretty good for his first one ;)

(Is he a Half-moon or a Delta? I'm pretty sure the cup said an HM but he kinda looks like a delta.....)

(Get dat camera up out my face foo! Stop takin pics of my bubble nest too!)
Hint. Adamu hates the camera.

Anyway there are the pics of the tank, hopefully by sometime next week I'll have it decorated and it'll look a bit more worthy to be in the same thread of some of these other amazing tanks. BTW is a 5.5 gallon to small to divide if I ever got another Betta? I don't want to make Adamu uncomfortable.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #1756 
dukie1346

How is it I have not posted my tanks here? Not even once?

This is my 3 gallon kritter keeper, housing Lavian.

And this is what my 10 gallon community looked like about 2 weeks ago. It has changed since then, however. This houses Berry, 4 glowlight tetras, and 4 albino corys.

dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #1757 
Colibri

Quote:
BTW is a 5.5 gallon to small to divide if I ever got another Betta? I don't want to make Adamu uncomfortable.
No, it's actually fine to divide a 5.5 gallon tank. Each betta would get ca. 2.5 gallon, that's the minimum amount of water for a betta to live happy and healthy.
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #1758 
Fawnleaf

Talking

Hay!!! This is my tank:

This is my sorority (14g) before remodeling:
Name:  Sorority.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  24.9 KB

This is my sorority (14g) after remodeling:
Name:  M1370010.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  26.3 KB

Which version of the 14g tank do you like better?????? :D Please give your opinions!

This is Casanova:

Name:  Casanova (2).jpg
Views: 742
Size:  14.5 KB

This is Casanova's large Kritter Keeper:
Name:  Casanova's Tank Remodeled.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  21.0 KB

Ps. The things on the front of the new 14g are two rocks that were boiled, and the leafy thing in the kritter keeper is a betta hammock. They really work!!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #1759 
Lion Mom

Newest Boy

Just got him this morning & he is settling in VERY well in his 5 gal., heated, filtered, planted tank. Introducing Herman! (Not the best pics in the world, but you get the idea.)
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #1760 
Fawnleaf

Awww! So cute!! Is he a delta? It's hard to tell. But I love the tank!! :D

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank