Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #1 
baylee767

Talking Just added air pump to my Bettas tank and he's loving it!

It's so funny I just put a blue bar in the tank thats hooked to a pump so bubbles come from it and my Bettas in a trance trying to figure out what it is. He swims so that he almost touches the glass and floats upwards when the bubles hit him then he zooms away! Bettas can be funny, but they need something to do to make them funny, and I guess mine likes bubbles.

Does anyone else see their Betta "clowning" around?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #2 
MizzVamp115

One of my boys Shuester loves playing in his filter. I baffled it and he kept swimming right into the current so at first I thought he didn't like it but if I cut if off he just sat there and looked so pitiful. I get paranoid it's going to hurt him because he'll swim right into the current and let it push him around but when he gets tired of it he just goes off to another area lol.
MizzVamp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #3 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVamp115 View Post
One of my boys Shuester loves playing in his filter. I baffled it and he kept swimming right into the current so at first I thought he didn't like it but if I cut if off he just sat there and looked so pitiful. I get paranoid it's going to hurt him because he'll swim right into the current and let it push him around but when he gets tired of it he just goes off to another area lol.
Wow, is your betta fish related to Lucky? xD
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #4 
Feral

Thanks for sharing the info- I'd been wondering if my little guy might find a bubbler on a random timer amusing, now I think I'll give it a shot- give him an 'amusement ride' to combat boredom
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #5 
baylee767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Thanks for sharing the info- I'd been wondering if my little guy might find a bubbler on a random timer amusing, now I think I'll give it a shot- give him an 'amusement ride' to combat boredom
He wont be the only one having a funner time wou will too! Watching him will definatly be fun...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #6 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
He wont be the only one having a funner time wou will too! Watching him will definatly be fun...

Well, I put the bubbler in, and it definitely got his attention- when I put it in, he hid behind his big plant until I withdrew my hand.. the instructions say leave it underwater for at least an hour before using, so OK, I did, and after installing the check valve, pump and lines I left the room.

One hour later, I come back and as usual he swims over to the side near me to say hi/flare at me/demand to be fed and I turn on the bubbler (which is behind him) and here come the bubbles... at first he doesn't know what's going on, but then he turns and sees the bubbles... I don't know what it is about this guy but it's always the stuff on the surface that gets his interest- he's almost vertical watching the bubbles on top, and every now and then he charges one of them then goes back down to watch some more, body wiggling like crazy and pectoral fins going 100 miles an hour. I'm not sure he likes this, but he sure is fascinated! One odd thing- he used to relax near the top of the water, now he hangs out down in his plant even with the bubbler off
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #7 
baylee767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Well, I put the bubbler in, and it definitely got his attention- when I put it in, he hid behind his big plant until I withdrew my hand.. the instructions say leave it underwater for at least an hour before using, so OK, I did, and after installing the check valve, pump and lines I left the room.

One hour later, I come back and as usual he swims over to the side near me to say hi/flare at me/demand to be fed and I turn on the bubbler (which is behind him) and here come the bubbles... at first he doesn't know what's going on, but then he turns and sees the bubbles... I don't know what it is about this guy but it's always the stuff on the surface that gets his interest- he's almost vertical watching the bubbles on top, and every now and then he charges one of them then goes back down to watch some more, body wiggling like crazy and pectoral fins going 100 miles an hour. I'm not sure he likes this, but he sure is fascinated! One odd thing- he used to relax near the top of the water, now he hangs out down in his plant even with the bubbler off
II don't know what that's about maybe he's still getting used to it?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #8 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
II don't know what that's about maybe he's still getting used to it?
I think that's most likely- certainly he's never seen bubbles that he didn't make since I've had him. He's his old self this morning... We'll try him again in short burst and see how it goes. What the heck, the worst that can happen is that I end up removing the bubbler, no big thing.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #9 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I dont think my betta would like an air pump. when I just make the filter go a little harder for a few minutes, he freaks out then spends about an hour checking out the filter when I turn it down again, like he's making sure it isnt going to come back on like that or he will kill it. lol!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote