Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #11 
CrystalLace

I have a 2 cup measuring cup I use to do his partial water changes, and to get him out of the bowl. It's big enough that if I dunk the cup in fast enough, and if he's close enough, he gets sucked in before he could try to get the strength to swim out.

If he's being mopey though but still near the surface, sometimes I'll dunk the cup in the water and hold on to it for a minute or two, as everything stills. Eventually he gets curious enough and swims towards the edge of the cup. If he inches a bit inward, SCOOP! He's mine!!! ... Well, he's already mine, but you get the point <3.

Sometimes I do the same with a net too, if he's being sad on the bottom and I can't get him with the cup. Usually he flees as soon as I stick the net in the water (like he knows what's coming <.<) so I have a really hard time using the net. I found if I leave it still in there for a bit, or move it realllllllllly slowly towards him, before I go in for the catch, that tends to work too. Kinda depends on your fish and his mood =P.
CrystalLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #12 
Iziezi

Thanks everyone for your replies! I bought a siphon which really helps with the WC, and it's much easier to catch Dobby with the net.

Yalda, I hope you don't feel I hijacked your thread. I imagine all the replies are just as helpful for you too?
Iziezi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, bowl, cleaning, cup, water