Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #1491 
JKfish

My school sits right next to a sewage plant (joy) and I don't really care which came first, but the people who decided that sewage and teens mix well was a moron. There's something wrong with the pipes in the sewage plant, so all the school's water is infected with e-coli, so students don't have access to any water... unless they buy it. Plus, apparently washing hands is not extremely advised because the tap water coming from the sinks could be infected. :P I"m sooooooo thirsty, and I have no freaking water >.<
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #1492 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's awful! They should cancel school for a few days until it gets fixed.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1493 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I agree with DQ, it shouldnt be in session if you cant use the water.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #1494 
CodeRed

Agreed. Encourage parents to call in. It shouldn't be allowed.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1495 
CodeRed

The library had 1, 3-11 of the series I'm trying to re-read.... NOT TWO. >_< I'm so mad. Why'd it have to be a book so early in the series? I was trying to get it for finals tomorrow, because I'm going to have a couple of classes with nothing to do D: But noo, it was MISSING. It couldn't have been NINE or something. I wouldn't have cared! But these are short-ish books, so this'll mess me up x.x I might have to skip over it, which makes me even more mad because it's of my favorite characters!! DD: And then I was going to go into the hot tub with my mom, but she went in with my stepdad... Even though she said she was going in with me.

Not my night.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #1496 
dukie1346

For my 1st Quarter grades as a freshman in high school, I got a 3.666 gpa. I don't think it's bad, but my grandma keeps acting like it's terrible. Seriously, I try my best, but she says it's not good compared to a 4.0 I got in middle school last year one quarter.

Since I got a 4.0 once last year, apparently I have to get a 4.0 every quarter in high school. This is making me really mad. I mean, is an A, A+, B+,B+, A, B, A+ really that bad for the first 9 weeks in high school? I mean, come on........

Well, teacher's conferences are tomorrow, so I can't wait to see how that goes. :/
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #1497 
TaylorW

Ugh, that sucks Dukie! Not fair at all

As for my rant...

OVERLOAD OF COLLEGE HOMEWORK!!!

Why do I have to have an essay, another essay/project thing, and a 5-7 minute persuasive speech ALL DUE ON THE SAME DAY!! What's so special about Nov. 16th????
*bangs head repetitively against desk*
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #1498 
GravityKitty

I hear you about college. I'm taking a technical writing class that isn't really part of my major (I'm a computer science/security major) and I have to do SO MUCH WORK for this class. I have to write like a 300 word blog post every week, write 5 100 word comments along with whatever large project that we have to do. This is just for ONE CLASS. I have 5 other classes that I have to worry about, too. I'm worried about how my GPA is going to be, I shouldn't have taken on so many credits...

On top of that, I plan on studying abroad in Germany and the guy at the study abroad office hasn't contacted me yet about a meeting reschedule. Why does it need to be rescheduled? Because I show up at 10am to see him and he had canceled all of his appointments. He had failed to tell me this before I showed up at his office.
GravityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #1499 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Ugh, that sucks Dukie! Not fair at all

As for my rant...

OVERLOAD OF COLLEGE HOMEWORK!!!

Why do I have to have an essay, another essay/project thing, and a 5-7 minute persuasive speech ALL DUE ON THE SAME DAY!! What's so special about Nov. 16th????
*bangs head repetitively against desk*
Same here! I have an annotated bibliography, an essay outline, and an assignment due on the 16th...then I have another essay outline due two days after that...and two essays due within a few days of that...and a presentation on torture a few days after that...the list goes on....
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #1500 
TaylorW

Sheesh, you are super busy Gravitykitty! But I do admire you for taking a writing class that's not necessary for your major! If you can get through this, it will look great on resumes or applications! I know someone that got their GPA boosted for taking an unnecessary, difficult class that they didn't have to have!

As for the study abroad guy that never shows up, he better have a good excuse! :P

Jupiter, have you been watching that little box for the November photo contest on this website like I have? It's been driving me nuts because it's supposed to be counting down to voting on the 16th, but it feels like it's an ever present homework countdown clock XD

It's been glaring at me all day saying "6 more days!" :P
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou