Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #21 
serenarenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Someone one here with a jar wedged something small under the lid to keep it slightly cracked, but impossible for fish to jump out of! I think it might have been a wad of clear tape? You could do that if you want :P

I love your jar, your fish will love it! :)

I am sorry about your previous betta though :( We all make mistakes, I pretty much killed a goldfish a couple years ago. I had NO CLUE how to take care of fish!
Thanks!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's killed a betta. I felt so bad for him!
serenarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #22 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenarenee View Post
Thanks!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's killed a betta. I felt so bad for him!
Yeah one of my first two fish died soon after I got him. :[ I still don't know exactly how it happened. :[
I can't wait to see your new boy! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #23 
serenarenee

I suspect Pavel's little immune system was shot after a couple of surprise cold fronts that left the house freezing. He never recovered.
=(
I guess a lot of us learn this way.

BTW for those of you who get a tank or a bowl and want the cords to be flush with the rim or want airflow under lids, I found that a diamond tip on a dremel works really well. (Make sure it stays wet - get a water pour-er person) I filched my dad's.
I like how it came out.
It's bigger than it looks.

ps. I have absolutely no idea how to re-size photos.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #24 
wallywestisthebest333

D: I'm sorry! Well as you said at least you learned! =] The guppies are pretty too! >u<
Cool! :D I'm not brave enough to try that (and I lack the tools) but if I cet the chance I'd love to try it some day! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #25 
serenarenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
That's the same as my tank! :D I'm thinking of getting a penn plaxx filter myself and cycling it! =] That or a tetra whisper filter! =]

I love the plants you chose and that sandcastle ornament is too cute!!! >u< <3
Thanks!
OOOHhhh and if you get the whisper please tell if it works well! It looks pretty good.
For what it's worth, mine is doing very well so far. Cycling has cut down on water changes significantly.
I have a Tetra Mini submersible heater and it works nicely in this tank, aside from being ugly. Hoping to cover it completely with anacharis.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #26 
anglnarnld

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenarenee View Post
Right now I have a Penn Plax mini filter. It has chemical and biological filtration and I think a bit of mechanical, but not much as the intake is not powerful at all. (Hence, it works well for bettas who do not do well with current)
I also have a Tetra Mini 25 watt submersible heater that sticks on the side. I didn't have it in when I took the picture. It keeps the tank consistently at about 79. (According to my thermometer! Apparently some presets don't work as well as others. This one is great). I recommend both filter and heater.

Fishwise there are three fancy guppies living there quite nicely. I moved them there to keep it cycled and help feed the plants. =P Eventually there will be a betta, (and the guppies will be moved)
I think it would work for 3 guppies, or 3 little minnows, or a betta and maybe a snail.
I have to feed the plants about 2x a week with Flourish or they start to wilt...
The more plants the better, I understand. (NEVER get nitrite or nitrate readings at all)
I like how it's working out.
If you make one please post it!
Tysvm!! And I will ;)
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote