Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #1 
danifacetastic

How To Tape Together Airline Tube

Okay so right now both of my bettas are in their own one gallon aquarium. The aquarium I have is this one.

Top Fin&reg Aqua Scene Desktop Aquariums - Sale - Fish - PetSmart

If you can tell there is plastic tubing that goes down the middle that you slide the airline and airstone down into. Currently I've got the tube in the side of my tank. Without the plastic tube the bubbles are a little overwhelming for my bettas.

I'm getting a 10 gallon divided tank this weekend and plan to use one of the air pumps from my one gallon in my new tank. What I want to do though so the bubbles are still directed more towards the top of the tank is somehow connect the plastic tubes from both my 1 gallon aquariums together since the 10 gallon will be taller.

Does this make sense? And if so how can I go about connecting the tubes together?
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #2 
Tomsk

I dont fully understand what you mean but does this help.
If the airline tubes are the same diameter/bore size as the normal airlines used with air-pumps in fish tanks then you can buy different connectors ..T shape ones etc from most LFS.
This is an example of what I mean on e-bay :
10 X Aquarium Fish Tank Air line Tube Hose Connector on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 05:53:54 GMT)

If the ammount of bubbles coming out of the bubble-stone is too much,you can always tie the airline in a loose knot to restrict the airflow.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #3 
danifacetastic

The tube I'm talking about is in the picture of the one gallon fish tank. It's not the airline tubing itsself....it's a plastic tube that you put the airline in to direct the flow of bubbles upwards. If you look closely at the picture you'll see it.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote