Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 
abysssolider

Question Fish keeps swimming vertical

Hey guys my little guy I got almost two weeks ago is suddenly acting weird he once and a while will go in to his little plant I have with his face facing down is there something wrong with him D= Is he going to die?
abysssolider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #2 
Tomsk

Can you give any more info,
What Size of tank,if you have a filter/heater/How often do you do water changes?
The more info you give the more people can help.

I hope your little guy is ok,

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #3 
abysssolider

Well at the moment I have him in a less the one gallon for quarantine then after that he is going into a splitted 5.5 gal with my other which is heated as well... as for how much I change I do a water change on wendsdays and a like 70% water change on Sunday.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #4 
Capricorn

Here, fill this out so we have a better idea of what your fish is like and what his home is like.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Do as much as you can. (:
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #5 
abysssolider

Housing
What size is your tank? Under like one gallon but soon will be in like 2.25 gal tomorrow on sunday.
What temperature is your tank?well since the bowl is not heated cause its too small so like maybe 69 degrees.
Does your tank have a filter? no
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? yes
Is your tank heated? nope as described above
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? will be living with another beta a crowntail.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? pellets and occational blood worm.
How often do you feed your betta fish? two in the morning like at 6:30 and two at like 6 in the afternoon.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Twice a week one half on Wednesdays and on 70% on sundays
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? Wednesdays is 50% and Sundays its 70%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? other then water conditioner and thats like two drops

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
(I dont have a water testing kit but i will be getting one within the month)
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? No he is his usual Christmas color self.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Well I have this small plant in his tank that he goes in but he sits there in a vertical with his head faceing the root of the plant.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? about like three days ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? well i would if I knew what.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? nope he was fine a healthy when I got him 13 days ago.
How old is your fish (approximately)?well since I got him from the pet store like 13 days old
Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Water temp may be the big problem at 69F-I would also start making some 100% water changes on the unfiltered container-don't change the water temp too fast-this needs to be done slow over a couple of hours since he is weak and get the water temp up to at least 76F

By your post-to make sure I understand-he will be going in a 5g divided tank with another male Betta- that is filtered and heated correct?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote