Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #11 
danifacetastic

Same here haha
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #12 
Adastra

I used the craft canvas and report cover binders with aquarium sealant to keep them in place. I find attaching java moss or christmas moss to them works extremely well. As the moss grows, it starts poking through the other side of the canvas as well, making a lush mossy wall. I also sewed the leaves from silk plants onto the canvas--this works fairly well but keep in mind that most thread will eventually deteriorate into nothing and the leaves will fall off eventually. You can use fishing line, but it's rather difficult to sew with, lol.

I'm satisfied with attaching my dividers with aquarium sealant. Make sure the packaging states that it is specifically for aquarium use and allow it to cure for 24 hours before you fill the tank with water.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #13 
CrankyFish84

oooo lush mossy wall..I like that !! Good to know the sealant will work in that way :) Thanks!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #14 
1fish2fish

Don't take not flaring for granted. My male, Blue Jeans, hasn't been flaring at his neighbor for a while and all of the sudden he's started bubblenesting and flaring again and darn it if he didn't rip up his neighbor's fins through the divider. I'm almost 100% positive that is what happened because the poor boy's fins (including his dorsal) are torn to shreds.

I'm doubling up the divider tonight. Blue Jeans has lived in divided tanks pretty much since I got him a year ago with no problems. Now all the sudden he's the bad man on campus.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote