Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #21 
anglnarnld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Oh ok. Well I would add 2-4 more of those. They are social fish and thrive with interaction of theirown kind. You could leave it at that. IF you want more fish you could also try 6-8 neon tetras/black neons? They are all small fish so it shouldnt add much to the bio load. Do you know how you are going to feed your betta? Making sure he eye enough (or not too much) food in a community can be a bit tricky.
I was actually thinking about adding several platy and then a couple of neon tetras, then add 3 more of the small cory...
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #22 
Adastra

I think you should just complete your school of pygmy cories and get a nerite snail for algae cleaning. Cories, neons, and platies all need to live in groups of six or more, and there's just not enough room for two whole schools of fish to live in this tank along with the betta. Minnow type fish like tetras and danios need lots of swimming space due to their very high activity level. Personally, I would not cram them into a 10G tank.

I would just slowly add cories until your school has about 6-8 individuals and then stop there. Your betta is so beautiful that you don't need a bunch of other little fish stressing him out and nipping his fins to pieces.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #23 
anglnarnld

Im only getting 2 more corys and then im only adding platys thats it no tetras, thx for helping
Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #24 
LittleBettaFish

Just make sure when you adding in your fish, that your filter can handle the extra bioload. The bacterial levels should adjust, but you might have to do a couple more water changes than usual to help it along
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #25 
anglnarnld

Okay, ty!! ;))
Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #26 
Jupiter

Don't really think you have room for a school of platties in addition to a shoal of Cories...it's better to add more Cories to your group than to bring in different fish. Well, I personally wouldn't add them, anyway...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #27 
celine18

i agree with jupiter, i think adding platties would be a stretch. they are pretty large fish, and would heavily overcrowd your tank. i've also seen that they breed...alot. you deffinetly don't need that. i would just stick with the pygme cories and your boy.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #28 
shinybetta

Chinese algea eaters will kill your fish. Shrimp, cories, and uncolorful fish be best. It all depends on your betta's personality, and amount of space. Bored betta's will decide to "Have Fun" Mauling smaller fish.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote