Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #1 
MrVampire181

Feeding VE??

IDK how to go about feeding vinegar eels. I plan on feeding microworms, BBS and VE with my next spawn.

So how do you harvest your VE to feed to fry?
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #2 
1fish2fish

There's a few different ways to harvest them. The method I use is to suck some of the VE solution out with a turkey baster and filter it through a coffee filter into a glass jar, then I take the baster and fill it with tap water and rinse the VE that are in the coffee filter again. I then take the coffee filter and flip it worm side down into a small cup filled with tank water. I prefer to use clear cups so I can see the amount of eels that I'm getting so I know if I need to get more out or not.

Once they're rinsed and in the tank water I just pour it into the tank in a bunch of different areas so there are plenty of chances for fry to get food.

When you filter them trough a coffee filter there will be worms that come through the filter, after rinsing them I add vinegar (i.e. if you rinse them with 2oz of water then put another 2oz of vinegar in) to keep the vinegar water ratio correct. Then I dump them back into the culture. The ones that go through the coffee filter are usually the ones that aren't fully grown yet.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #3 
MrVampire181

That's what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for the info! Linda was tellin me to put a piece of paper towel ina bowl then pour some of the culture over it, lift and squeeze into a cup of clean water but I think I'll use your method.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #4 
leeb62

Youtube has a pretty good method to harvest the ve. I'm probably going to use the method on youtube since its simple and i'm lazy lol.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote