Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #41 
Cassandra90

I only have one...But every time I go to the petstore I always look at them. I really want more, but with still living at my parents house they would b@#%*! about it. But I will be moving out probably with in a year. Which means I can get more if I have the money too. I already warned my boyfriend that he has to put up with me and my ways with all my pets.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #42 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra90 View Post
I only have one...But every time I go to the petstore I always look at them. I really want more, but with still living at my parents house they would b@#%*! about it. But I will be moving out probably with in a year. Which means I can get more if I have the money too. I already warned my boyfriend that he has to put up with me and my ways with all my pets.
Ahah. My boyfriend and I are still in high school and I warned him about the same thing but he told me there's going to be a limit. Psh...little does he know :)
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #43 
danifacetastic

Quote:
My ADF eats what ever pellets the betta does not eat. He usually just waits for them to sink to the bottom and gobbles them up. But I read if you have a problem with feeding them you need to put like a small cap or flat surface in the tank and when you feed them place the food on there and they will soon get acustomed to the "food zone".
What about hand feeding?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #44 
Cassandra90

Yeah well my boyfriend knows if he commits to me he is commited to all my pets, which includes a orange taby cat, leopard gecko, 7 gallon betta tank, and a 55 gallon tank which I need to figure out how to move that when I move out :(
Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #45 
Cassandra90

I am not to sure. I dont see any harm in it. Probably use specialized tweezers so that it wont hurt the ADF's mouth when they grab the food.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #46 
danifacetastic

Quote:
I am not to sure. I dont see any harm in it. Probably use specialized tweezers so that it wont hurt the ADF's mouth when they grab the food.
Yeah I have a travel pair of eyebrow tweezers and as soon as the frog starts nipping I've been letting the food go and he eats it...they've only eaten once though. What if I scooped him up and just put some wet pellets on my hand in front of him. Think he'd eat it then?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #47 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Yeah well my boyfriend knows if he commits to me he is commited to all my pets, which includes a orange taby cat, leopard gecko, 7 gallon betta tank, and a 55 gallon tank which I need to figure out how to move that when I move out :(
Yeah right now I have 2 cats (that won't come with me whenever I move out because they're my grandmas too) and I have a 10 gallon divided betta tank. Eventually though I want a 10 gallon sorority, a hedgehog, dwarf hamsters, some long haired guinea pigs, 2 kittens and turtles XD
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #48 
Cassandra90

Well ADF's shouldn't be handled much or not at all. The best bet is to try the tweezers again or a food zone. I am not that educated on them since this is my first one, but he is still alive (4 months I think).

When I move out I want to get a dog after I get settled in and know I have the money for one. I have a family dog know but I want one when I get my own place, I feel alot safer with one. My boyfriend already said we can get a dog and it can be my choice. He wants to get a shiba inu and I want to get a APBT. Which he said it is fine. I feel so bad for the breed. I have owned one before so I know exactly truely what they are like.

Go to this link, I love making people who are against APBT. None of them can correctly label the APBT.
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
Old 11-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #49 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Well ADF's shouldn't be handled much or not at all. The best bet is to try the tweezers again or a food zone. I am not that educated on them since this is my first one, but he is still alive (4 months I think).
What my one ADF has been letting me do is sit on my hand in the water but near the surface...do you think this would be okay?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #50 
Cassandra90

I guess it isn't a problem then. I think the main reason not to handle them is because they need to be submerged under water and they have a chance of carrying diseases which are spreadable to humans.