Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #41 
Jupiter

Yeah! Well, it's general but not always true...I do have a Chinese friend who's almost 5'10"...she towers over the rest of us (I'm around 5'1 lol).

Last edited by Jupiter; 11-21-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #42 
peaches3221

i'm only 4'6" (and I'm almost 13) and I'm mostly Italian!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #43 
kaythenewbie

Gaaa, I hate stereotypes. I'm from Utah and I'm Mormon. I have to restrain myself when I get asked, "How many wives does your husband have? ha ha ha" My religion is completely against polygamy, the people who practice it are an entirely different religion. Grrr.

Also, Mormons don't hate homosexual people. Yes, we don't encourage that lifestyle, but we don't hate people who live that way. One of my best friends is gay. The very worst is people of my own faith who do hate homosexuals. They make all the rest of us look like jerks.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #44 
TaylorW

I know what you mean! I'm Christian and a lot of the people in my area are really really against gay people. It really bothers me because religion is supposed to be about love, not hate. I can't stand the way some Christians treat gay people.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #45 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
I know what you mean! I'm Christian and a lot of the people in my area are really really against gay people. It really bothers me because religion is supposed to be about love, not hate. I can't stand the way some Christians treat gay people.
+1.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #46 
kaythenewbie

Agreed. The LGBT community probably gets the worst stereotypes of all.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #47 
doggyhog

I hate all stereo types in general.

TBH I hate the "Christian" stereotype. Like all Christian people my age who's Dad is a pastor are all niave and innocent and have never done anything wrong. Pshhh.. I know people who are non christian people who are more innocent than me!

My parents tend to be pretty judging and it really bugs me like when my neighbors have people working in their yard and they happen to be "Mexican" my Mom refers to them as "Those mexicans working in their yard".

All the general asian sterotypes tick me off because a couple of my best friends are asian. Like asians eat dogs and are cruel to animals. ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaythenewbie View Post
Also, Mormons don't hate homosexual people. Yes, we don't encourage that lifestyle, but we don't hate people who live that way. One of my best friends is gay. The very worst is people of my own faith who do hate homosexuals. They make all the rest of us look like jerks.
+2!!!!
I always make it very clear to those close to me that I don't care who they are or what they do, I will still love them!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #48 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaythenewbie View Post
Agreed. The LGBT community probably gets the worst stereotypes of all.
Couldnt agree more. =[
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #49 
CodeRed

I hate talking about how I'm NOT against homosexuality. People ask me WHY I support it, or even why I don't hate it. Since when am I supposed to have a reason to NOT hate someone?
And I don't like it when someone says being gay isn't bad because it's in the genetic make-up... It bugs me. So if it wasn't in the genetic make-up it'd be bad? They'd be evil?

I just don't get the hatred anyways. "It's not natural!" It isn't your life. You shouldn't be able to control it. That's why I LOATHE gay marriage bans. Even if you don't support gay unions, you should have ZERO right over controlling someone else's life in that way. It doesn't effect YOU, it's about THEM. I really hope this country wakes up and gets over itself.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #50 
BlueHaven

Oh, I know one!
You can't be pretty AND smart.

Where in the world did that come from? lol

I don't like steriotypes, they are annoying and it can really bother people, so you have to be careful about them. BUT I don't think there is anything wrong with joking around or being comical about them, it helps people to lighten up a bit about them as steriotypes are pretty much nonsense.

:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote