Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #1 
naturegirl243

I saved bettas from evil!

I went to meijers one night and we were in the backish section of the store and across the big main walkway aisle is the pet section like always I want to look over there but there is one guy probably in high school just looking at the bettas, the section is kinda small so we(me and my mom)were kinda just waiting on the other side of the main aisle well then two of this guys friends come up a girl and another guy and just start picking up the bettas which is ok if you are not doing anything stupid I pick up the cups to get a better look at them but I am careful with them well the original guy was just standing there he didn't really do anything the other guy was picking them up and basically turning them side ways to look at them and also poking at the cups when he didn't have one in his hand.The girl was the worst she was poking at cups too but she picked up a crowntail's cup and literally starting shaking it and swirling it around and around.So I yell accross the store "why would you do that!! Thats not funny it's just stupid! I should shake you around and see how you like it!" that worked they just looked at me and put the cups down and walked away.That meijer takes such bad care of all there fish I hate to see more stress added to them.Although there is a meijer a little further away that takes amazing care of there fish all the tanks and cups are clean and the fish look healthy and I could not find a dead one.The meijer I usually go to has algae in the tanks always has a couple dead fish and there tanks either have to many fish in one or are empty like the koi have one of the smaller display tanks I don't know how many gallons but not enough there are 12 decent size koi and there is one really big one in there nobody buys them around here cause the winters get so cold.Ok I should stop rambleing I have just been so busy I never get on here anymore.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #2 
bettafish15

Those annoying people D: Glad you stood up for the bettas :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #3 
TaylorW

Ugh, I hate people like that! One time a traveling zoo thing came to my town, and some teenagers literally started shaking the cages of some fennec foxes, then started yelling at the animals as they cried in fear!

Ugh, I hate people that cause unnecessary pain to animals. Thanks for keeping those bettas safe!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #4 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I couldnt agree more Taylor.

and goo for you NG for saying something, a lot of people wouldnt.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #5 
Malvolti

Some people are cruel.

Kudos on being big enough to stand up to them. We need more people who will.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #6 
naturegirl243

thanks guys normally I am a quite person to shy to talk to people in real life but I'm fine online.So it was a big step to yell at someone in a store lol.On the plus side I am really excited for my petco they have had this red HM for awhile now but he seems to be a tail bitter so nobody will buy him for that much($13) if he is not perfect so they put him in a big tank with the tetras kudos to my petco for having an amazing fish guy and another guy that is good at cleaning tanks but doesn't know much about other fish stuff lol.Although he was bitting and playing with a tetra I belive he killed by playing with it cause they never have dead fish there accept sometimes a dead betta that got pushed to the back by someone, but they have a new huge "betta lounge" display were all of the cups are in little sections so they can't see each other and that way we can see all of them!Woah I got way off topic guys sorry lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #7 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

My petco changed to that as well naturegirl. I thinkt eh set up is much nicer, but my petco isnt very good at all. the day the shipment comes in they look great, after that they just look worse and worse, and dead ones are there all the time they dont notice.
my petsmart's bettas always look bad, but they change the water every day atleast.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #8 
naturegirl243

Oh wow everyday water changes thats nice.My petmart is ok thats were I got my first betta named dragon(R.I.P) and one of my VT's(Anardil) they are getting better and don't have as many dead fish,I just love my petco they have amazing fish not just bettas but all of there fish are nice they recently got a huge goldfish like almost a foot long I think someone brought him in who could not take care of him anymore but he is freaking huge lol.the only thing is live plants I can't find good ones anywhere accept my japaneese moss balls that I buy.every plant I buy dies and the ones I don't buy are still turning brown and half dead anyways.My petco actually has another white dragon DeT that looks just like the guy I have now part of the reason I have so many now is because they have such nice fish now there is a pure red HM I have my eyes on and petsmart has an orange VT female that would look nice in the sorrority.......yes I have a betta buying problem lol.oh BTW I love your avatar!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #9 
avenger

I got my Betta from meijer he seems healthy and happy and not stressed..i love how they have personality..he is on my computer desk and he watches me swims around a bit and comes back to see if i am still there :D
avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #10 
bettabug

OMG THAT IS SO STUPID PEOPLE I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! good job standing op to the lamo people. i hate how careless people are. speaking of good people doing good things, once on a cold day my friend took a half frozen moth inside and saved its life! i kinda have a phobia of fluttery things so i could no do anything like that.
bettabug is offline   Reply With Quote