Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #1 
Maryrox247

Exclamation I think Rukia has fungus...

Well she was in the 17 gallon and when juliet died i decided that until i get some more females she should have her own tank. So i moved her to an empty space in my divided 20 gallon and she was doing fine. Then one day i noticed that she had about four white spots on her head and and she always had her tail scrunched up. So i presumed it was ich and immediatley quarantined her in a petsmart cup and have hhad her in it with rid ich last night. I did a 100% water change and have been keeping it warm by using a lamp, but today i noticed that the spots have gotten sort of a fluff on them and this worries me. So i put 1 drop of bettafix in and a few grains of aquarium salt hoping that will d the trick... she has a bit of poo hanging from her um...poo hole ( i guess) that has been there for a few days and she is swimming a bit crazily coming up for air often and then resting at the bottom for a few seconds. She is also pale and wont eat. What should i do? I cant purchase any new medicine at the moment and im not sure if im doing this right, i have never treated fungus before...help? Btw as for a quarantine i have a 1-1.5 gallon bowl i can use with a heater if absolutely needed.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #2 
BunniesLair

Sounds like it to me from your description.

This site: http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm

Says: DISEASE: FUNGAL INFECTION
uGENERAL INFO:
If you always add aquarium salt to your betta’s water (1 teaspoon of aquarium salt per 2 1/2 Gal of water) and one drop of Aquarisol per gal, your betta will probably never get fungus. It is contagious, but bettas will more than likely recover if treated promptly.
uSYMPTOMS: Betta has white cottony like patches on its body or head. He may be less active, may have stopped eating, fins may be clumped, color may be pale.
uTREATMENT: Do a full jar water change. Add “Fungus Eliminator” by Jungle (included in our Betta First Aid Kit). These are crystals are dosage should be about 30-40 grains per 1/2 gal. Water should have a nice gold color, not too dark. Do not overmedicate! Change water every third day and add a new dose of same medication. Continue until all fungus has disappeared. Then switch to BettaZing (8 drops per gallon) to clean any other bacteria/fungus that may still be present.
for very stubborn or very fast invasive fungus use: Fungus Eliminator AND Bettazing TOGETHER, both at full dosage.
BunniesLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #3 
Maryrox247

here's the problem: i cannot buy any meds...
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #4 
BunniesLair

Well I have no experience with home remedies.. if there are any... for fungus; which I am not even sure.

Have a friend buy you some Fungi cure for early christmas.. it's $10.00 at Petsmart:

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Fungus Cure Anti-Fungal Fish Medication

Our Price: $9.99

Worth a try
BunniesLair is offline   Reply With Quote