Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #11 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblenbronx View Post
I was actually talking to my friend who works at a pet store, and she said that I dont need a heater, so there is a lot of confusion as to what i "really need".
trust me, your on a betta forum and we know you DO need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
I wouldn't recommend a stick on thermometer. They tell you the temperature of the glass of the tank and not the water.
im quite happy with mine, as i have nothing to remove for water changes. the difference between glass and water is positively not that huge to cause a problem. mainly they need to show the temp plus or minus a degree and that it is constant, which is just as important as showing the temp imo.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #12 
Jupiter

No disrespect to your friend, but most pet store employees are unfortunately not very betta savvy. Despite different opinions you'll find on here, one thing that we can ALL agree on is that bettas need warm water. They're tropical fish after all. I would get him a heater ASAP.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #13 
danifacetastic

Hi there :) I have a divided ten gallon too except mine is divided in three. Heater is for sure reccomended. I have a 25 watt one thats good for up to ten gallon tanks and I used them in my one gallons as well before I moved my bettas. It's preset but never budges. Water is always at 78. It was around 22 dollars I think.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #14 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblenbronx View Post
i have water conditioner and there is no way for those fish to get at each other. I made sure of that lol.
as for the plants, only one of them is plastic, the others are silk plants. I was actually talking to my friend who works at a pet store, and she said that I dont need a heater, so there is a lot of confusion as to what i "really need".
So i got a sticker thermometer and i will see what room temp. in my hosue is :)

the water is still cloudy but clearing up!

BTW we bought another fish lol. My boyfriend will be joining here ASAP!
My local fish store told me there was no way to heat my one gallon tanks when I had my bettas in those and that they'd be just fine without a heater. My tanks were getting to 55 degrees....
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote