Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #11 
DragonBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeath View Post
what i would do, get a divider if your using a 10gallon, and just place one on either side and let them look at each other, but make sure to include a cave or plants or something for the female to run to if she doesnt constantly wanna be hawk eyed by your male.

If your using a 5g or smaller, although i think for breeding you should really invest in a 10g, you can still use a 10g divider, if you cut it to fit, or bend it and clip it in.
if your forced to do this, chances are you wont be able to get the divider clear in the center, but thats ok, my advice is to give the female the bigger side, more room to hide and ignore the male, so your not Literally forcing them to stare at each other 100% of the time. let them be like this for ATLEAST a week, or if your like me and your breeding tank is right next to your bed and you watch it for about 75% of your day, every day.... you'll be able to tell from many signs that the female is not only physicially ready for the male (Meaning stripes, and a bloated tummy full of eggs) But, conditioned enough to where their not always just flaring at each other, but kind of dancing for each other, and displaying a less violent attitude... but i spend too much time looking at my fish, not everyone is so lucky. lol
Yes Im using a ten gal. but I decided to recondition them both and if that doesnt work i got a more agressive female short tail but Im really trying to save that female for my other super agressive plakat if these two doesnt work out. 2 agressive fishes works out better i heard? and What if the male plakat is larger then the female? I mean this male is like a king betta almost?
DragonBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #12 
BettaJ

any success?
BettaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #13 
aKu3

Let them watch each other longer then introduce them after 4-5 days..... my male was super aggresive...just takes more time!!!
aKu3 is offline   Reply With Quote