Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

Golden Pearls?

Thinking about adding these to my guys' diet a couple of times a week, but wondering if anybody has used them and what you think of them.

Some info:

Golden Pearls are an Effective Brine Shrimp Replacement Diet and contains NatuRose.

Golden Pearl's are a revolutionary new larval diet that has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii in marine fish hatcheries. A patented processing technique (agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles) results in feed particles or "clusters" that resemble raspberries under the microscope.

Golden Pearls have tiny air pockets that keep the feed particles in the water column, not on the bottom of the tank. Golden Pearls mimic live brine shrimp nauplii.

ngredients: Brine shrimp, squid, shrimp and fish protein, animal protein, purified fish oils, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamins and protected minerals, antioxidants, and immunostimulants.

Protein - 60%
Lipids - 8%
Ash - 15%
Moisture - 8%
Vit C - 2000 ppm
Vit E - 400 ppm
Astaxanthin - 500 ppm.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #2 
Lion Mom

ANYBODY???

I probably posted this in the wrong section. :( If so, please feel free to move to the "Betta Care" section, Mods. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #3 
Neelie

tbh i have never heard of it... from reading your post it sounds like something yummy though.... imo i wouldnt spoil my fish too much though. id be wary that my fish would get too fat and the water would polute faster.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #4 
BunniesLair

I havent heard of them either, but I am always on the look out for something new to give T, just to break the monotony.
BunniesLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #5 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
tbh i have never heard of it... from reading your post it sounds like something yummy though.... imo i wouldnt spoil my fish too much though. id be wary that my fish would get too fat and the water would polute faster.
I'm talking about a twice a week "treat" - like people often feed bloodworms so I don't see how that would be "spoiling" them, making them "fat" and/or "polluting" the tank. ESPECIALLY since I do regular water changes!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #6 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
I'm talking about a twice a week "treat" - like people often feed bloodworms so I don't see how that would be "spoiling" them, making them "fat" and/or "polluting" the tank. ESPECIALLY since I do regular water changes!
I don't think they meant to offend or attack or anything. I think it was just a misunderstanding. =]

It sounds fine to me. The only thing I find odd is that it mentions that it's for marine aquariums and that it's "different" from brine shrimp when brine shrimp is the #1 ingredient.

But going on the nutrition labeling it sounds fantastic! =]

If it costs less then brine shrimp I say go for it. If it costs more or the same I say leave it. =] That's just me though. =]

You said you found this at the store correct? =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #7 
Lion Mom

Nope - on-line at both Ebay & AquaBid.

Googled it & a LOT of people are having success with it feeding it to their freshwater fish & fry.

Thinking I am probably going to take the plunge! :)
Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Let us know how your fish like it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #9 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Let us know how your fish like it.
Will do! Just ordered some today off of Ebay & I'm anxious to get them already!!!