Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #11 
JKfish

Placing things around your tank is really fun, especially when they react to the oddest things. When Puffy was in his 1/2 gallon before the 10 gallon, I used to place things all around him... everything from toy dinosaurs to marbles. Of all the things I put next to his unacceptable tank, he decided to become infatuated by... get this... a linkin log. The most boringly shaped dull brown thing next to his tank led to hours of amusement. He would try to swim through the glass to get to it, and after a while would just sit buy it watching it. When I moved it to the other side of the tank, he would follow it and hang by it over there. O_o what can I say, bettas are.... interesting little fishies.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #12 
Posaune

lol, that's funny! My betta loves his Buddha head and terrorizing the shrimps (since he can't get to the new guy, gotta take out his anger on SOMEthing)
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #13 
Aluyasha

I heard alot of people talking about how much their bettas loved a 'floating betta log' by Zoomed. So I bought one for Abacus, and he adores it! He is always playing with it and when he is doing something else he will look back at it loving to make sure it is still there. When I clean his tank and take it out he gets very upset. It costs like $8 but well worth it, I am saving up to by my other bettas one.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #14 
shinybetta

My brothers male, who is now sick (read my other thread), loves hanging out behind the heater.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #15 
Feral

I bought a 6" bubble stone to try in my senior Bettas oversize bowl and it just freaked him out. My new cello just thinks it's the neatest thing in the world when I turn it on though- he glides into the bubbles and stays there wriggling like crazy. I could swear I hear giggles
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #16 
Aluyasha

Abacus also loves to catch the bubbles that come from the filter when the water falls down, he first looks at them angerly then slowly stalks them and then pounces! He does that all the time, it is the cutest thing to watch.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #17 
BettaBuddi1221

I will somtimes put a bamboo stick in the water and he loves it I will malso wet the end and put some food flakes on it and he loves it.
BettaBuddi1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #18 
Malvolti

Funny story. For the past few days my betta has been driving me nuts, he keeps swimming in verticle circles at the back of his tank all day. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he was doing it, just all day up and down in these circles. Every few minutes he'd stop and stare out the side of his tank and then he'd go back to his circles. It's been making me feel seasick.

So anyway, I was reading this and how people's bettas were flirting with things outside their tanks and I looked at my boy when I notice a colorful bottle sitting right where he was stoping to stare. I also remembered it's been there about as long as he's been acting this way. On a hunch I took the bottle away and put one of his fake plants that isn't currently in the tank in the bottle's place.

Now he's stopped the circles for the most part, he does the odd one and then goes to the side then swims all over the tank looking for his girlfriend. I don't have the heart to tell him it was a bottle of water conditioner.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #19 
LittleBettaFish

I made a sort of 'Betta Kong' one day while I was playing with one of my boys. I stuck a tiny pinch of flakes to the inside of the container lid and let it float around in the tank. He spent a good hour underneath it trying to get all the flakes off.

Sometimes I'll use the handle of my fish net for my fish to chase around, or chase them around with it. My boys don't really get riled up by being placed near each other. I got so excited because someone had built a bubble nest the other day but now he's decided it's not worth it. Even with a female in the divider over and a male in the tank next door. Lazy thing.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #20 
fredythefish

I like to stick my face up to the glass (good or bad thing?) and make a funny face, he usually puffs up a little and then lets it go and I repeat that a couple times. Fredy sure does have an attitude though. If i get to close to the openning of the tank, he swims and hides under his colorful fake plant. And then pops back out.
fredythefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettas, entertaing