Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #21 
fleetfish

Art History with a little Religion on the side.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #22 
nomoretickets

I spent all highschool doing music. My senior year I had 6 out of 7 of my classes as music classes :-p now I'm on my way to ether a masters in public emergency administration or law school (still play in the jazz band though). It seems that Everyones interests change in college. I realized I likedmusic, but it was a hobby not a career
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #23 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
No, I didn't minor in anything. I had a job for a short time as a weekend house manager at a shelter for abused women but they promised to train me, were going to give me a pager and it was supposed to only be on weekends. They never trained me, I never got a pager and they wanted me to come into the office every day during the week to run errands for them. That would have been fine but I can't drive because of my vision and they wanted me to walk all over town running those errands. So I quit. One weekend there was a woman in the shelter with 3 kids. She stayed in her room with her baby, the little girl was trying to find something in the kitchen to fix for dinner and the little boy kept trying to get outside. I had to try and keep him inside for safety reasons. Finally he looked at me and said "is it because of my daddy?" I said yes. It was heart breaking to tell a child that but I didn't know what else to say. Like I said, I had no training.
Omg, that is terrible Dramaqueen! I'm sorry that job didn't work out for you, and I'm sorry the people that worked there weren't so nice...

As for the little boy, that is completely heart breaking, but there is nothing else you could have done :( :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, it was a long time ago when I got out of college. I've also done volunteer work at an alcohol treatment center and at an agency where my Mom worked that worked with developmentally disabled adults. I worked with a case manager, making copies of stuff and putting together packets for staffings. She wanted them to hire me but the director was a total idiot and not nice so I didn't get hired.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #25 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoretickets View Post
I spent all highschool doing music. My senior year I had 6 out of 7 of my classes as music classes :-p now I'm on my way to ether a masters in public emergency administration or law school (still play in the jazz band though). It seems that Everyones interests change in college. I realized I likedmusic, but it was a hobby not a career

I'm the same way. If I wasn't so level headed I would have pursued acting and filmmaking after highschool but it never seemed realistic to me.

With speech therapy I know I'll always have a high demand job, good salary, and I can live pretty much anywhere I want.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #26 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I'm the same way. If I wasn't so level headed I would have pursued acting and filmmaking after highschool but it never seemed realistic to me.

With speech therapy I know I'll always have a high demand job, good salary, and I can live pretty much anywhere I want.
That is EXACTLY why I am going into nursing. =]
not the thing I would LOVE to do -- but what I would love to do is unrealistic.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #27 
nomoretickets

In a perfect world I would be Tony royster jr, but realistically I'm going for the $100k plus jobs... Cause I want a lamborghini more than I want to be able to play killer drum licks :p
Old 12-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #28 
nomoretickets

P.s. If you want to have your mind blown look him up on YouTube. Tony royster jr, he play drums for jay-z and is one of the best drummers in the world
Old 12-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #29 
SaylorKennedy

Majoring in Bioloy (with a focus on Pre-Dentistry)
Haven't decided on a minor yet.

Might double major. We'll see.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #30 
BlueHaven

That had to have been annoying Tsuhei. I'm sorry that happened. If you really love cooking, don't give up, there are people out there who don't do that so you can find your place! :)

I am majoring in the arts (photography & writing) and ministry/mission work.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote