Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #1 
tsoto80

I need some advice

Today I had to take a trip to Miami to the childrens hospital to find out my son is autistic. I have to make an appoinment to go back down there so they can do an eeg on his brain within a month. He also needs to be put in special classes. The problem is that my boyfriend may have lost his job. I was planning to move to Washington because i can get a job easy out there and noone is hiring around here. Should I make the move anyways and try to find help out there for my son, or tough it out in Florida so my son can get the help he needs?

Note: I do have a student loan coming that I can live off from untill one of us finds a job(yes I know it is for school purposes only ). I could also live with my mother-in-law for awhile but there is a lot of tension.

Hope this isnt too personal for everyone. I do not belong to any other forum that I can get advice from
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I'm sorry. =[
I am pretty young, and dont have children, so I dont think my advice would be best. But.. are you worried about the healthcare up here is Washington? Or are you worried about school/job for your hubby? Do you have relatives or anything up here?
If you dont, I would stay there.. depending on where you are going in Washington/what your husband does.. there isnt a whole lot of stuff in Eastern Washington. But we do have very nice healthcare services.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #3 
tsoto80

All of my side of the family is in Washington his side is in Florida. I have a CNA lincense in WA that expires in Jan. The two jobs that I worked at I believe would hire me again. My BF only has expiernce at min. wage jobs. In Wa I mainly lived in the Seattle, Renton, Burien area. My sis lives in Spokane but we are estranged from each other. I just hate being an adult.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Could you find out ahead of time what kind of programs or services they have for children with special needs before you move there, if you decide to move?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #5 
tsoto80

my mother in law wants us to stay with her here in florida because "the ball is already rolling". She thinks if we move it will set him back again because of the stress. Maybe she is right about that and I pray we can find jobs soon. I would have to take cna classes again here in florida untill i get my college degree.

On a side note: I was thinking to get a buisness managment degree. I want to work with animals and I have a strong pull to working in PetSmart lol I hope it works out the way I plan cause then there will be proplerly tooken care of animals and not negleted sad souls.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #6 
TaylorW

I really can't offer advice, but I am sorry about your current problems, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

If you do what you think is the right thing for you and your son, you won't regret it in the future. But sometimes, figuring out what that "right thing" is can be difficult! I wish you the best of luck, I'll keep you on my mind!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #7 
tsoto80

Thanks for listening it helped a lot that I was able to get it out
Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think your mother-in-law is right about the move stressing out your little boy. One thing I know about autism is that they don't take change very well. I hope everything works out for you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #9 
Oldfishlady

If this is your boy friend and not the father of this child.....and your extended family are supportive of you and your son.....go home......you and your son need extended family support...stability is so important for a child and especially a special needs child...he will be fine with the move and you need a supportive family by your side not a bunch of tension from your BF mother.......children can sense this and respond........do what is right by you and your son and if the boy friend wants to come along great....I don't know the whole story so I don't want to sound mean or anything....but he needs to put that ring on your finger...maybe I am old fashion that way.....you need to get yourself back in school too....your man is either with you or he isn't....medical record will go with your son and the sooner the two of you are stable the better you will be.........you need your family support....go home.......and this is coming from a mother and grandmother point of view and what I hope my daughter would do if it were her.....good luck.....

Your son also will qualify for disability with this diagnosis so make sure and check into this and get the ball rolling......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #10 
Akzeal

I actually suggest moving too. You need money to be able to help your son, and I can't imagine Washington state -not- having help. Yes, the move will stress your son, but so will the doctor visits. Is he high functioning, or not? Sorry, I'm asking because I have Ausperger's myself, so, curious. ><
Akzeal is offline   Reply With Quote