Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #1 
bearwithfish

interesting responses...

hello all i do not come into the Betta forums often but recently i have been reading through a few threads of interest and found myself quite amazed. not so much by the topic but by the way some people are able to gain responses to there threads.
i will not point out any one thread in particular but i will note that this happens here often.
some one will post a question and other will reply with some good sound advice that is generally ignored or flat out argued about. this is normally a good way to gain responses. and it works very well here.. every one will jump in and argue with the OP over the topic or the advice and the OP will from time to time jump back in with a reply to keep the sparks flying....
i must admit on some level this is a bit disturbing to watch.... in Psychology we have a number of names for the behavior but on line its generally known as Trolling....
here is a tip (and please share this with everyone)
much like undesired cats or dogs in the neighbor hood if you dont feed them the troll will go away...
dont reply... dont argue .. geez dont even give them the satisfaction of an initial reply if you know the OP is some one who generally sparks things up..
honestly do you want this hanging around to mess up all the wonderful things that happen here are BF??

bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #2 
TaylorW

Thank you for posting this, I know exactly what you are talking about. I will start ignoring these posts, but sometimes it drives me so crazy that I can't help but respond!

But I will attempt to refrain from now on :P
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #3 
bearwithfish

again i was not pointing at any one or and one thread in particular,i was noting that it has happened a lot her in the last few months and thought it should be pointed out...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #4 
TaylorW

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to indicate a particular person and/or thread, I just know what you mean about seeing a lot of this stuff around.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #5 
bearwithfish

ok just wanted to be sure
Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwithfish View Post
hello all i do not come into the Betta forums often but recently i have been reading through a few threads of interest and found myself quite amazed. not so much by the topic but by the way some people are able to gain responses to there threads.
i will not point out any one thread in particular but i will note that this happens here often.
some one will post a question and other will reply with some good sound advice that is generally ignored or flat out argued about. this is normally a good way to gain responses. and it works very well here.. every one will jump in and argue with the OP over the topic or the advice and the OP will from time to time jump back in with a reply to keep the sparks flying....
i must admit on some level this is a bit disturbing to watch.... in Psychology we have a number of names for the behavior but on line its generally known as Trolling....
here is a tip (and please share this with everyone)
much like undesired cats or dogs in the neighbor hood if you dont feed them the troll will go away...
dont reply... dont argue .. geez dont even give them the satisfaction of an initial reply if you know the OP is some one who generally sparks things up..
honestly do you want this hanging around to mess up all the wonderful things that happen here are BF??

I totally agree with this! We've had too many arguements lately.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #7 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I kinda like trolls, they make me smile... =S
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #8 
bearwithfish

lol
Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #9 
kaythenewbie

"Don't feed the troll"--But the troll in your pic looks so lovable and cuddly... (sorry, I couldn't resist) I agree completely, though it's really hard to do sometimes.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #10 
bearwithfish

any of these better??? LOL