Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #11 
JKfish

It take a lot of courage, humility, and possibly desperation to expiate. Coming out in public to say "Hey, what I did was wrong, please forgive me" can be hard, and honestly, I commend him for it, because he's opened himself up even though he knows you guys could just be mean again and ban him. It's possible he didn't know the rule about contacting a mod via pm or email... personally, I sort of forgot that's a forum rule until now. He's been informed, so maybe he'll take the advise given and contact a mod privately to ask to be unbanned.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #12 
TaylorW

Ok, ok... I will commend him for apologizing... It is a very nice gesture bettabreeder... But I am just concerned you will go back to your old ways of not taking advice and antagonizing others....
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #13 
JKfish

If he goes back to his old ways, a mod can ban him again for good. However,I'm giving him the benifit of doubt, he deserves a second chance. Hopefully with this he can over time prove us wrong for worrying about his behavior and become a part of the community.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #14 
Malvolti

Or we can just leave it until the Mods make a decision
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #15 
TaylorW

Hopefully bettabreeder can prove me wrong... I would like to see him become a good forum member.

Hehe, I like Molvolti's idea :P
Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #16 
Tsuhei

Honestly, although he apologized, even pointing out my name, I do not believe he should be allowed back. I do appreciate the apology. I do accept it. But he verbally threatened another member to inflict physical harm. I do not appreciate that. Saying sorry doesn't really take care of that.

Also, I do not want to read more posts or see more pictures of his bettas in poor breeding condition. I understand it is my choice to read these posts, but a lot of other people seemed to be bothered by it as well. (Especially by ignoring our advice for breeding and continuing his "methods").

Dodging around moderators is snakey. To take a more professional approach, this should have been a personal email to the administrator instead of turning it into a public debate whether he should or should not be allowed to post here again.

Also, "trolling" tends to be a reoccurring offense, as well as bad mouthing. I do not believe someone can change on the drop of a dime. If anything, if he is allowed to come back, I think there should be a cool down period of a month to forget of his most recent "offenses" and start anew. But currently, I stand at a no.

Last edited by Tsuhei; 12-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #17 
shinybetta

I think he should prove himself. I think his responses were because he felt he was getting attacked. But, he was only getting attacked because he was stubborn. So a YES for now.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #18 
TaylorW

Three mods are online now, I am hoping the verdict will come shortly...

And I agree Tsuhei. If bettabreeder isn't going to stop mistreating his fish, trolling, and breeding unethically, I don't want him back here...

But if he can change, I wouldn't mind. And that's a BIG IF.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #19 
Tsuhei

I actually wouldn't mind him coming back after a month. Why? Perhaps he'll stop and read a few things. Stop mistreating his fish. Pause on the breeding before starting again after becoming more educated on the species.

He was not getting attacked. Again, constructive criticism. I think everyone needs to cool down, especially BB123 who started verbally assaulting (yes, it is a crime) others via this forum when we didn't even do that. In fact, we didn't even talk negatively about his age. We didn't even stoop to using names or words like "stupid". In fact, this ban serves as a lesson for his immature remarks, insults, and harassment. He wanted us to treat him like an adult, we addressed him as one, and this is what happened.

I really do stress a no at this short of notice, seeing that he was just banned yesterday.

**EDIT** @ShinyBetta:

He did try to prove himself by continuing breeding in wrong breeding conditions. He needs to mature first before he can "prove" himself.

Last edited by Tsuhei; 12-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #20 
shinybetta

Tsuhei: By prove I meant his attitude. I definitely don't want him to prove himself in breeding.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote