Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #11 
tsoto80

we actually did not see any signs or symptoms. I thought he was being a typical 4 year old. the doc said since we caught it early it can be reversable. I didnt even know that was possible. He started out with not speaking then went to babling and pointing he is hyper active he also likes things done in a routine and has a high tolerance to pain lately he has been hitting himself after he sneezes then laughed about it. Theses are all the signs I ignored
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #12 
TaylorW

It's ok, you didn't know! Autism is very hard to pinpoint if you're not looking for it!

It's so difficult to notice with some cases that my psychology professor had to show us videos of autistic children and regular children doing the exact same activity side-by-side for us to notice anything different.

Don't be hard on yourself for not noticing :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 AM   #13 
SemioticSleep

I'm so sorry for your troubles. Floridas economy is very bad I know ppl who drive here to texas just for a job. I'll pray for you~
SemioticSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #14 
Akzeal

I would be very suspicious of any doctor saying autism/autism spectrum is reversible or curable. Minimizable, possibly, and you might even want to do that. It's hard for me to say, because I'm rather virulently opposed to anyone trying to say *I* should be cured. But, I do know I am higher functioning than most others with autism, and sometimes even doubt that Ausperger's should be on the spectrum at all.

However, especially in light of Semiotic's comment, I very much think you should return to Washington. You need a job to afford the care, no? And their will be help in Washington. Just be easy on him during the move, let him have space to hide and unwind. (but probably not a fish-cave. >.> *bad joke*)
Akzeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #15 
mountfordwright

hi i am from the uk so am not sure how things work over on youe side of the pond but if i was in your situation i would move.if you way up the pros and cons from what you have said the pros far outway the cons in my view.when i had my daughter it was her needs and what was at her best intrest that came first not mine or anybodt elses which i no thats what you do already otherwise you wouldnt of posted what you did.it may cause your son stress moving but it would cause him alot more in the long run if you stop. you need to be in a good frame of mind and have the suport you need to be able to inturn give your son what he needs. i am only 25 nearly and have had many hard times already!!!lol but thats life and you just have to pick yourself up and know you wcan get through anything in time.we always do.i wish u and your family all the best and please keep us posted on how it goes. Rich x
mountfordwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #16 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
If this is your boy friend and not the father of this child.....and your extended family are supportive of you and your son.....go home......you and your son need extended family support...stability is so important for a child and especially a special needs child...he will be fine with the move and you need a supportive family by your side not a bunch of tension from your BF mother.......children can sense this and respond........do what is right by you and your son and if the boy friend wants to come along great....I don't know the whole story so I don't want to sound mean or anything....but he needs to put that ring on your finger...maybe I am old fashion that way.....you need to get yourself back in school too....your man is either with you or he isn't....medical record will go with your son and the sooner the two of you are stable the better you will be.........you need your family support....go home.......and this is coming from a mother and grandmother point of view and what I hope my daughter would do if it were her.....good luck.....

Your son also will qualify for disability with this diagnosis so make sure and check into this and get the ball rolling......
old fish lady my boyfriend is the father of my two kids and it is me who is choosing not to get married due to a previous bad divorce. Also I am in college. I am going to school online so if I move it wont interrupt my schooling. I so far have a 3.9 GPA. so I think I am doing rather well. Thank you all for the support and encouragment
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #17 
mountfordwright

ok all the best. Rich
mountfordwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think you're doing great in school! It must be a little difficult though, with 2 kids.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote