Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #11 
BettaGirl290

post pics of her?
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #12 
Jayy

If she truly is a female you should able to she a white eggspot underneath her. Posting pics if you can would also help us out. When she flares is her beard larger than the other females? It's sounds like you may have a male plakat. Their always mistaken for females at most pet stores including Wal-mart. Infact a member just posted a thread like this and foundout that her ''female'' was really a male.

Last edited by Jayy; 12-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #13 
crowntail lover

I agree. A pic would help. :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #14 
LetItBe4Sanity

After MUCH time, I finally got a few pictures of her/him (I don't own a camera so I'm using a camera phone).

LetItBe4Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

Looks like a stressed/sick female betta to me. She may just be very low on the totem pole and because there is such a small number of females in the sorority there is not enough fish to spread the aggression out.

Also, did you acclimatise her properly before putting her in the new tank? She might be clamping her fins because of the change in environment. The tank itself looks rather bare. Bettas tend to love densely planted tanks because it gives them the security of having somewhere to hide if they get stressed out. Large, leafy plants are a great favourite with my bettas.

Since you have taken out this female, I would keep very close watch on the other two that have been left behind. Usually, if kept in pairs, the dominant female will often harass the more submissive one and possibly injure it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #16 
LetItBe4Sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Looks like a stressed/sick female betta to me. She may just be very low on the totem pole and because there is such a small number of females in the sorority there is not enough fish to spread the aggression out.

Also, did you acclimatise her properly before putting her in the new tank? She might be clamping her fins because of the change in environment. The tank itself looks rather bare. Bettas tend to love densely planted tanks because it gives them the security of having somewhere to hide if they get stressed out. Large, leafy plants are a great favourite with my bettas.

Since you have taken out this female, I would keep very close watch on the other two that have been left behind. Usually, if kept in pairs, the dominant female will often harass the more submissive one and possibly injure it.
There were 3 in the tank originally, but a bit ago I added a fourth so it was a sorority of 4. Now that this one has been removed, there are 3, and they seem to be doing really well in their tank.

The tank shown in the pictures is my small hospital tank that hasn't been used up until now except when quarantining the new fourth fish. Its ornamented with a large ruin like building to swim through and a cave in the back. I'm planning on getting a plant or two as well, but I don't see how you could consider this a "bad" tank.

When I introduced her into the hospital tank, I cupped her with the same water from the big tank into a bag, acclamated her for 20 minutes, added some water in from the new tank, left it for 20 minutes, then poured her into the hospital tank. So it can't be that. Its been over two days now and she's still acting like this.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #17 
shinybetta

Actually, Quarintine tanks are best with minimal decoration for convenient cleaning.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #18 
LetItBe4Sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
Actually, Quarintine tanks are best with minimal decoration for convenient cleaning.
Well there you are. Nothing wrong with the tank. So now... how do I cure my poor Jasmine? :( Day 3 in quarantine and still the same. Perhaps slightly better (in that her tail isn't clenched) but still constant flaring and flitting about, and very dark horizontal lines