Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #11 
TaylorW

And I thought that thread about the betta wedding centerpieces was bad... Didn't think I'd see an even worse thread pop up today!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 AM   #12 
Jupiter

You should write to them, or something. It's one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen, apart from that ipond atrocity.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #13 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

That's horrible, if you hung it on the tree it could fall, get too hot.. all kinds of things. not to mention really small! even the bigger balls I have seen are too small!

Ahh, why are some people so DUMB?! it's a living thing!
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #14 
small fry

Goodness! That is bad! How could someone, even someone who didn't know anything about fish, put bettas in Christmas tree balls!?

Wont that sufficate the betta if the ammonia doesn't kill it first??
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #15 
JKfish

Good God, I feel so bad for those poor bettas. If I could, I would track that lady down and steal all her bettas... after trying to explain to her that she's a moron... and then adopt them out over here. >.< but that's just wishful thinking.

this makes me feel really sad. :(
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #16 
baylee767

Well that could work if those balls magically became at least 2 gallons, had holes in the top for air, magically gained a flat bottom so it could sit on a table, had heaters, became rectangular so the fish would be easier to remove, and... Wait, isn't that what a regular tank is? (=

That wouldn't work. The fish would die within a day and wouldn't water leak out or oxygen or clean water? I hope that guy BREAKS all his ornaments before he puts the Bettas in them!!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #17 
Sweeda88

Wow, that's more disgusting than my cousin having Goldfish centerpieces at her wedding! Also, how are the Bettas going to be able to breathe at the surface? They'll die REALLY quickly. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #18 
Min

My thing is after x-mas what is she gonna do with all her lil bettas? Its such BS Imo sorry theres no thought into after the holiday or she doesnt care. does she think they r candles that just burn out & get thrown away ? if i had a store that sold fish i would question that but i guess $$$ is more important.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #19 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
My thing is after x-mas what is she gonna do with all her lil bettas? Its such BS Imo sorry theres no thought into after the holiday or she doesnt care. does she think they r candles that just burn out & get thrown away ? if i had a store that sold fish i would question that but i guess $$$ is more important.
I would question as well.. I actually would just never sell bettas in large groups at all. but yeah, they dont care they just want the money. the worker that sold the fish probably got a raise.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #20 
TaylorW

I actually saw a thread someone started on here where they received a betta Christmas ball as a gift. Fortunately, they came here asking for care advice, but unfortunately, the fish died 3 days after they got it :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote