Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #11 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondOne View Post
Why do they like to be called vegetarians anyways?
I honestly think people like that don't eat meat for selfish reasons. Being called a vegetarian makes you sound like a good person because it makes you seem like you love animals or care about animal rights. Becoming "vegetarian" or "vegan" has become a status thing for some people.

If they really cared about animals, they would either:
A. Go off all meat, and become a true vegetarian or vegan.
B. Own up to being a Pescetarian or whatever someone that only eats chicken is called. They should be willing to admit that they don't care about all animals equally.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #12 
dragonfair

LOL! She probably doesn't know what to call herself. A lot of people think they can call themselves vegetarian if they don't eat red meat or pork but do eat fish & chicken.
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #13 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I eat fish&poultry, but not red meat.. but I definetly dont call myself a veggie.
I have reasons for not eating red meat, I stopped eating red meat when I was about 12. I just dont really like the taste now.. and the smell of browning beef. EWW. so nasty!

but I stopped eating pork when I was about 11/12, we wrn to Hawaii and I saw the pig roasting in the pit.. it made me cry.
A few short months later.. I just realized I couldnt eat cows because they are too dang cute!

Yes, these were my reasons at 11/12. And my mom let me, as long at I took vitamin and such still.
And now.. I just dont want to eat red meat.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #14 
TaylorW

Nothing is wrong with not eating red meat and pork, but no reason to call yourself a vegetarian if you still eat other meats! :) I personally call myself a "faux vegetarian" because I cannot claim to be a true one.

I have food allergies and I am allergic to all meat substitutes, so I can not go vegan no matter how much I want to. I have super bad food allergies, I cannot eat nuts, beans, soy, citrus fruit or anything with citric acid, bananas, melons, peas, black pepper.... the list goes on and on :( There is no hope for me to be able to have a vegan diet and be able to meet all my nutritional needs... :(

I also don't want to go vegetarian because I do not agree with eating dairy, eggs, and other animal products just as much as I disagree with eating meat.

So I eat two vegan/vegetarian meals a day, and one regular meal with meat because I couldn't survive without it... :(

But I feel like I am making a difference because I eat a lot less animal products than most people, and I am constantly informing everyone I know about animal rights issues.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #15 
Jupiter

Me personally, I looove meat...just...I'm so picky that I only eat a few types.
Beef and lamb are what I love.

Don't eat pork because my family is Muslim. Eghhh, I do profess to liking a bit of bacon though, but just outright pork makes me sick.

I've just never liked the taste of white meat, but I'll eat it.

I find all seafood totally nasty and I never touch the stuff.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #16 
Min

I have a friend who wont eat meat but she will eat fish & seafood. Her reasoning is that fish are stupid they dont have brains therefore its ok . I disagree all my fish have there own personalities. I have Bettas & an oscar & all seem pretty damn smart to me. Smarter than most people I might add.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #17 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
I have a friend who wont eat meat but she will eat fish & seafood. Her reasoning is that fish are stupid they dont have brains therefore its ok . I disagree all my fish have there own personalities. I have Bettas & an oscar & all seem pretty damn smart to me. Smarter than most people I might add.
^+1
Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #18 
Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
^+1

Luv ur avatar btw. been laughing for 10 min now . too cute
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #19 
danifacetastic

Oh lord. I'm a vegetarian...and I've been a vegetarian since July of 2006. I get asked all the time if I eat fish and chicken because that's not actually meat....

If you eat chicken or fish there's a word for that and it's called pescetarian. Not vegetarian. It makes me mad.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #20 
danifacetastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Nothing is wrong with not eating red meat and pork, but no reason to call yourself a vegetarian if you still eat other meats! :) I personally call myself a "faux vegetarian" because I cannot claim to be a true one.

I have food allergies and I am allergic to all meat substitutes, so I can not go vegan no matter how much I want to. I have super bad food allergies, I cannot eat nuts, beans, soy, citrus fruit or anything with citric acid, bananas, melons, peas, black pepper.... the list goes on and on :( There is no hope for me to be able to have a vegan diet and be able to meet all my nutritional needs... :(

I also don't want to go vegetarian because I do not agree with eating dairy, eggs, and other animal products just as much as I disagree with eating meat.

So I eat two vegan/vegetarian meals a day, and one regular meal with meat because I couldn't survive without it... :(

But I feel like I am making a difference because I eat a lot less animal products than most people, and I am constantly informing everyone I know about animal rights issues.

You're def still making a difference. My moms family only eats meat once or twice a week now and it's healthier, better for the animals and so much cheaper. If humans could cut down their meat intake to once a day it'd do wonders for the animals and the environment apparently.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote