Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #21 
kpullen89

Amazon hates this horse head jewelry box I have. If I set it anywhere near his tank, he flares like crazy! He's not as big of a fan of horses as I am :(

Capt. Bubblesworth hates all other bettas. Antisocial to the MAX.

Calypso hates strangers--"what the heck are you doing near my tank?!!"

Rousseau doesn't really hate. He loves. haha

Senior Fiesta hates the evil net.. I guess all my fish do..

Atlantis hates my neighbor. Like REALLY hates my neighbor.. maybe because she taps on his tank too much. Messing with his world!! lol

Thats it. :) Cool thread.
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #22 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Victor hates my camera. He attacks it more vigorously than a mirror! And he also hates being put in a temporary bowl. He will literally sulk and poo all over the place when he's removed from his tank.
LOL! Ickis hates going in the cup too. he attacks all the sides and the bottom, then sulks forever untill he goes back in his tank.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #23 
fleetfish

In the past five minutes I've amused myself with Wave's growing hatred of my Bastet statue, lol.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #24 
kaythenewbie

Patriot doesn't hate anything much. Before him, I had a VT named Pete. Pete's tank was next to a fan that we turned on in the summer. Pete hated it when we turned off the fan. When we did, he'd shake and flair (throwing a temper tantrum) and refuse to eat. Finally we put it away for the winter, Pete freaked out. He didn't eat for nearly a week. The next summer, I found a new spot for the fan. . .

Pete's the only fish I know who has ever turned down food and held grudges. I miss that fish.
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #25 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
LOL! Ickis hates going in the cup too. he attacks all the sides and the bottom, then sulks forever untill he goes back in his tank.
Hehe, just wait till Ickis starts pooing all over the place to show his displeasure! I am always amazed at how much Victor poos when I put him in a bowl while I clean the tank. I swear I'm always left cleaning 3-4 poos the size of betta pellets every time! No wonder he's never bloated

I am glad to hear my betta isn't the only one that attacks the betta bowl constantly, I was starting to think Victor was neurotic He beats himself on the sides and bottom too!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #26 
Dragonlady

My male bettas seem to strongly dislike it when I destroy all the hard work they have done to make their nice bubblenest when I clean their home. They probably don't like me either the way they always flare and attack the sides of the tank if I just put my finger on the side of their tank, but I guess they are just being bettas.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #27 
Malvolti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
I am glad to hear my betta isn't the only one that attacks the betta bowl constantly, I was starting to think Victor was neurotic He beats himself on the sides and bottom too!
My boy attacks his cup aswell, but for some reason he settles right down if I put my hand beside his cup and wiggle my fingers.

Just means I do a lot of 1 handed water changes.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #28 
TaylorW

I also travel with Victor a lot, he comes to and from college with me sometimes. My boyfriend and I carpool to college since we both go home every weekend. Anyways, one of us is always holding Victor's bowl on our lap, and he never acts up when he's traveling! Never gets stressed and just sits their calmly. It's like he knows he's going somewhere. He even wags his tail at people admiring him in his travel bowl!

But he gets so angry during water changes, pooing and banging the container! It's like he KNOWS that he's not going anywhere special and I removed him from his tank for nothing important!

It's so funny, he likes traveling but hates water changes :P
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #29 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

My Betta hates every other living thing in her 5 gallon tank!

First my ghost shrimp disappeared, one by one. I thought the last big female shrimp had done all the others in... I saw her going for one of the male shrimps!

Then I got 4 tiny corys. The last shrimp disappeared. Then about a week later, I found a severly nipped and bullied cory I had to put down. There are three corys left; I've been watching the tank interactions carefully. My betta seems to be trying to mate with them, trying to bully them away from their bottom feeding pellets or flaring and nipping at them. Another of the corys' tail fins have been nipped.

I am worried Baby Blue is going to do them all in. :( She also has a khuli loach in her tank but doesn't bother him (he hides).

Baby Blue looks great and healthy - but she seems far too fiesty to live in a community tank. And to think I worried about fish nipping her fins!
She's a beautiful, bitey terror!

Cheryl
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote