Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #11 
tsoto80

I think if people are going to continue this trend then they should also provide instructions on how to properly care for a bettas for those who decide to take them home from the wedding. I hope wedding planners are not encouraging this. To think if people dump bettas in the pond that is out front of my house then it would get eaten by a turtle or other big fish. They even pulled an aligator out of there! Do people not think of these things or are they really that naive?
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #12 
Miharu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Well they COULD live in a pond, but it would be VERY hard to setup a pond a Betta could live in. It's obvious from the guys arrogance that he couldn't handle owning a Betta pond. ESPECIALLY if it's in a cold place!
I live in upstate New York, so definitely way too cold, my next door neighbors dont even leave their goldfish in the pond in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I think if people are going to continue this trend then they should also provide instructions on how to properly care for a bettas for those who decide to take them home from the wedding.
Unfortunately I don't think that people care about what happens to the bettas after the wedding, they just want them to look good during the wedding...
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #13 
danifacetastic

That's terrible. I know someone who went to some fancy restraunt on prom night and took a picture of the betta as the centerpiece in a flower bowl with a plant in it.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #14 
betta fish crazy

The ugly ones with the short tails? What?! I have a female betta and she is the cutest, most adorable betta ever!
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #15 
Dead Sunlight

I agree with all the people here, as much as how much we would like to plop a betta into a vase and stare at it for hours because of how beautiful they look, they are living creatures with a soul and a mind of it's own! Ugh! People these days!

Before i heard that u lived in upstate new york, i thought you were listning to jake's(my friend) dad. his brother is getting married soon, and he wants 15 bettas as table decor, and the bettas that arnt picked are going to the pond! (No, im serious! they hve a pond too! isn't that WILD?!)

Crazy...
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #16 
Miharu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Sunlight View Post

Before i heard that u lived in upstate new york, i thought you were listning to jake's(my friend) dad. his brother is getting married soon, and he wants 15 bettas as table decor, and the bettas that arnt picked are going to the pond! (No, im serious! they hve a pond too! isn't that WILD?!)

Crazy...
Omg that's crazy!!!
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #17 
DazzleKitty

One of my biggest pet peeves about fish, especially bettas, is the small tanks they provide, which are obviously meant as decor rather than a suitable home for an animal. And all these betta vases you hear about just influence people to get into the betta decor trend.

It's stupid to waste a life like that. They may "just" be fish, but have a little more respect for them as a living being. Heck, he could donate them to a fish store or something when the whole thing is done. Dumping them in a pond is pretty much sending them to their demise.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #18 
rooroober

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta fish crazy View Post
The ugly ones with the short tails? What?! I have a female betta and she is the cutest, most adorable betta ever!
Same here!!! :)
rooroober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #19 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta fish crazy View Post
Speaking of which I was at Petco yesterday and I was looking at all the bettas. I wanted to take a female home so so so bad!! I was looking at one and was saying, "who is a pretty girl? Yes you are pretty pretty girl!" Then my boyfriend said, "the females are kinda (nervous chuckle) ugly cause they dont have the pretty tails" I looked at him angrly and he backed away and then I told him males are always considered prettier in the animal kingdom cause it is how they attract their mate. Then I punched him in the arm!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #20 
BettaBuddi1221

I am in Ferensics and I am writing a speech about this and other humane problems people have like this and i get to speechit to people on like hundreds scale!
BettaBuddi1221 is offline   Reply With Quote