Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #11 
c4talys7

Yeah, he's never had one before but he's been in there for about two hours. I can finally see him now.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:45 AM   #12 
c4talys7

UPDATE:

So I have Link is a 3gal clear storage container. He seemed to be doing well for the past week. He has some "bald spots" on his head. I'm not sure if it is a disease or he managed to rip some scales off. They're not white but a bit lighter than his regular color and I have yet to seem them get worse or spread.

Also, he's been on and off about eating. Just yesterday he ate his normal amount of food and today he would eat just a little. So I changed his water and he sometimes darts around and tries to hide under his cup when the tank gets tapped. I don't think he is gasping for air because he's been hiding in the back of his cup. Any thoughts?

Also, I have to go on winter vacation for two weeks and don't think I can get him on the plane with me because of the 3oz liquid laws and if I leave him with the family back home he will not get taken care of properly. So I have no choice but to leave them with the RAs in my dorm building. I know they probably won't change the water and they probably won't know how. I want to have my fish be alive when I get back, can anyone help?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #13 
baylee767

I think those "Bald spots" On his head might be just regular coloration, most Bettas have them. Do you add conditioner to the water? He needs it because it removes chlorine and copper, as you know if you use it. It may be possible that chlorine or copper is causing your Betta to act different. If you don't I've seen tetra Bettasafe and use tetra aquasafe and that works fine.

Are his fins spikey or shorter?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #14 
c4talys7

Yeah, I've been using Tetra AquaSafe. I believe I am adding the right amount, a friend and I divided it all out to find it. I'm just worried those spots are Ich or something. But they haven't spread and are not white. It is possible for Bettas to develop different coloring randomly?