Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #11 
jeanclaudeasher

lol yea I am excited, last weekend I went to the aquarium store and all they had was veil tails - I think because of the holidays they are selling out of the more unique looking bettas more quickly so hopefully after the holidays they will have one or two that respond to me =)
jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #12 
crowntail lover

Thats all my pet stores have in stock.. usually a few CT as well. But nothing like a DT, HM, or a Plakat.. Its harsh. haha. And Im sure youll find something! :]. I do everytime I check out the Betta shelves. tehe.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #13 
jeanclaudeasher

Hehe yea this aquarium store has half moons and double tails come in when they can get them from the breeders. It is a solid fish store, they dont have dogs, or cats or any other pets so they know what they are talking about =)

Here is a link to their website, its kind of a drive for me but I like their service and the fact that they care about their fish and know what they are talking about.
http://www.aquariumadventure.com/
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #14 
jeanclaudeasher

And yes I find at least one betta I like every time I look. There was one in Meijers fish section the other day that had beautiful coloring (blue body and yellow fins) but he didnt look healthy and several of the other bettas were sitting at the bottom of their cups not moving much so I didn't get him
Old 12-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #15 
crowntail lover

The closest store for me would be the one in Ohio. lol. They really do look like some amazing stores!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #16 
jeanclaudeasher

yea its amazing to see all of their aquariums they have for sale and they have fresh water fish as well as marine fish for sale. they also have something new each time i go. i live about 45 minutes from the ohio store =)) we really arent that far apart
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #17 
crowntail lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanclaudeasher View Post
And yes I find at least one betta I like every time I look. There was one in Meijers fish section the other day that had beautiful coloring (blue body and yellow fins) but he didnt look healthy and several of the other bettas were sitting at the bottom of their cups not moving much so I didn't get him
I usually get those sick looking guys.. Weird, I know.
I dont really know why I do.. I guess I just love comparing them from the day I got them to how they are now.. lol. All that comes to mind when I do is.. Dang! Im good! haha. :]
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #18 
crowntail lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanclaudeasher View Post
yea its amazing to see all of their aquariums they have for sale and they have fresh water fish as well as marine fish for sale. they also have something new each time i go. i live about 45 minutes from the ohio store =)) we really arent that far apart
Im about 2 hours away.. Which isnt too bad for the store being in another state.. I might have to check it out when Im in Ohio sometime (i love going to the zoo there!) tehe
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #19 
jeanclaudeasher

Very true I thought about getting him but in the end I didnt, I still consider myself a beginner as far as taking care of fish, I have owned my own bettas for about 3 years now but am still learning alot about them =) My mom used to watch neighbors fish when I was little but the fish always ended up dying (one time the actual owner forgot to add dechlorinator to the water for a water change and mom had no idea what to test for) so I never had my own fish until I was old enough to care for them myself. I now have 3 bettas and 3 tanks all squeezed into my bedroom lol
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #20 
jeanclaudeasher

Its actually not that far from the Columbus zoo =)) maybe about 30 minutes depending on traffic. I like going to the zoo as well!