Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #11 
Colibri

... He didn't make it. I woke up at 6:20 to go check him and he was gone. All his fins were back to their natural color though, he had nothing red on them anymore. I feel so bad about this, I'm in shock... I just don't understand what could happen and why so fast!

RIP Deltan, my little prince... it's so sad that what was supposed to be a happy new experience (I was going to breed him yesterday, it would have been my first spawn) turned out this way.

Thank you everyone for your help and words.

Last edited by Colibri; 12-13-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #12 
bettafish15

I'm really sorry about your loss, he was beautiful :(
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #13 
Adastra

At least he did not suffer long, poor man. :(

Unfortunately, there is usually not much at all you can do when a fish has such a serious infection--so you should not feel bad about it. It wasn't your fault. One lesson keeping bettas has taught me is that sometimes things just aren't meant to be, no matter how diligent you are.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

I'm so sorry. He was gorgeous, kind of looked like a living piece of gold. He was too beautiful to die. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #15 
rooroober

aww :( I am so sorry I was really hoping he would pull through! What a strange thing to happen... :(
rooroober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #16 
Colibri

Thank you everybody for your support. I really appreciate it, it means a lot to me in this sad time. (Sigh). I still can't believe he's gone. So sudden... so quick. I miss him a lot, although I have a very special love for each of my little ones, Deltan had a very special place in me. I've been doing some research and looking at all my other fish, and I haven't found anything that could have triggered what happened to him. The rest is doing great as always. It's a mystery it really is... it was so fast! Just a couple of hours. If the water had something, I'm sure the others would be very sick by now. One thing I noticed since I had him and have been thinking about was that every time Deltan got stressed by something he would get those tiny red dots on the edge of his caudal. I have some pictures of him with those little spots on the edges. If I put some of the medicine I have here that works for ulcers on the skin of the fish (it's made of potassium) they would fade away in a day or two. The night I moved him to the breeding tank, those dots appeared as always out of nowhere. None of my other fish has something like that. Could it have been maybe something genetic and the stress of the new tank triggered it? I don't know, some sort of auto-immune decease? It's the only explanation that comes to my mind. Do fish have that kind of sickness?
Colibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, no! I'm so sorry about Deltan.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #18 
TaylorW

It's so awful about Deltan, I can't believe it happened that fast!! I am so sorry for your loss :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
septicemia