Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: How old should you be?
Any age is fine 0 0%
2 and up 0 0%
4 and up 0 0%
6 and up 1 4.76%
8 and up 3 14.29%
10 and up 4 19.05%
12 and up 8 38.10%
14 and up 4 19.05%
16 and up 1 4.76%
18 and up 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #21 
fleetfish

We older people have to set examples for the young, but sometimes the young have to set examples for the older ones. If we can do that, it's better to learn together than to separate ages into categories.

I'm almost 26 and even I can act immature if I feel like it, lol.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #22 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
I have to disagree. There are stages in maturity, seeing as it is a frame of mind, and as the mind grows, it's very likely maturity will too. Take someone your age for example. Eleven. Yes, mature more so than a four year old(hopefully) but when you compare that kid to say a fifteen year old, there's a difference. Take a fifteen year old (like myself) yeah, mature -er than say an eleven year old, but still rather childish at times compared to an adult of say twenty-thirty years. What seems perfectly acceptable to some person one age may mortify a person of another age, who would then view the offending person as immature. Of course this isn't always the case, and some children are born practically adults and some adults never seem to grow up, but typically, as one grows, one's maturity develops.

You're definately mature, I can tell by your post you're trying hard to make sure you sound the way you are (I'm doing so too), but chances are you do stuff that's immature, so your level of maturity might be less than mine. That doesn't mean you aren't mature though. In my eyes, if I knew you, I might view you as childish (maybe not), but by doing so, an older person might view me as immature for looking 'down' on a kid only about 4 years younger than me. See, maturity is also opinion based, so a person can be mature on levels. Life isn't black and white. It's grayscale, and as such, areas fuzz inbetween,
thankyou I try to be although I have to remind myself I'm not smarter then those older then me. I like to take info from older ones. Because they're more experienced I have applied that to most of my live ecspecialy when I see someone my age but they aren't as mature I still have to respect them they are my age so I like to learn from others and give pointers for others. And I agree I might be more mature in some things than others younger and older than me. But there are people who are younger and older than me who know more. What really matters is how your brain was built to think and eviroment greatly counts on your maturity too. And if we were all the same it wouldn't be fun we would be like clones with no personality

Like sometimes it's hard to listen to mom and dad but I still have to respect them because they know a lot more than me and I'm not ashamed to say so. I get into arguments with kids 2 1/2 years younger than me. I know though sometimes my mom tells me I know more about bettas than her and it would be hard for her to write a detailed story like I do.

The thing is we have to have a level of respect to all beings And we can't let pride get in the way of that.

p.s. It's ok I might do some childy stuff you don't do and you might do some I don't do. We are all differnent It's cool though that me and you and all ages are into this hobby though.

Last edited by Ethan; 12-16-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's what I love about this forum. I have friends of all ages on here.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote