Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #1 
MadMay

55 Gal with breeding barracks?

I was wondering I have a 55 gal community tank I would like to put some male bettas in it would it be acceptable to get those guppy breeding barracks and put the males in them so they are separrated from each other and my other fish?

I have some clear plastic ones that have slots for water circulation and I have mesh ones. They are bigger then the containers they are bought in, good water flow and heat. plus I have little floaty fish toys for stimulation and I can either put some substrate or moss for more comfort. (I would put them on oppisite corners so they arent seeing each other.)
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #2 
MrVampire181

You can...I'm doing something similar...I know some guy on Aquabid has a guppy breeding/betta seperator in tank thing that suction cups to the wall...he always has some....I plan on getting a ton of 5 way breeding traps for my new 30 gallons which will be growout tanks.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #3 
MadMay

Oh good! Excited about that because it means I can keep more males...I Have a 30 gal for grow out a 10 gal for breeding and Im waiting for another 10 gal for a sorrority. So If I have to buy more tanks I'd like it to be for breeding.
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote