Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 
tsoto80

Question Is this tank any good?

Does anyone know about this tank and if it is any good? I think I have to move my Red because he has been chasing the zebra danios and looks like he may be starting to get stress stripes. I tried to get a picture but it keeps coming out blurry.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #2 
danifacetastic

As long as you can keep up with the water changes it would be okay but I wouldn't use the air pump tube. And make sure you have a heater.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #3 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I have seen people have it on here, not sure if they liked it or not though.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #4 
TRISHIESfishie

I HAVE THAT TANK! (well the 3g one). I love the tank however the lid is not a secure fit and I am sure it allows some heat to escape. I have a plastic cover over the top and that helps. My betta liked the aeration current at the top. The colors of the lights are lighter, especially the pink and purple. Mine doesn't have the aqua color (pink instead). I recently took the center tube and aeration out and use a filter I bought. With the filter and air tube I figured it was too much water flow happening. Also removing the center tube gives King ALOT more room. If you keep the center tube (mostly for lighting effect) it cuts down on the space for decorations. I bought the smallest "cave" (a rainbow cave from walmart) and it was a very tight fit I didn't use it because I had to turn it backwards and tilt the center tube a bit to make it fit). I love the round shape and it's good if you will be having it next to another tank, The way it's shaped kinda stops whoever is in the cylinder tank from seeing the fish in the other tank. I like the domed lid because it gives me extra height for my filter. However with the lid and the tubing running though the tube insert, the slightest bump and you have to rearrange it all over again. The tank is much nicer if you take out the center tube and aeration setup. I plan to use the airstone and tubing for water changes. I am going to plug it in and use it to stir up the grossness on the bottom. I can send you pics of the tank if you want, just let me know. It's a very cool tank once you remove the center. Before I removed it I considered/wished I had gotten a different tank but now I love it. So good luck! Oh before I forget, you can't really use gravel with it. The gravel slips between the black bottom insert and the tank walls and wedges itself. Then when it's time for a 100% water change it's really hard to get the filter tray out. I thought it cracked my tank but it only scratched it luckily. So if you get this tank, remove the center tube, remove the air line from the lid and do not use gravel. Other than those 3 things AWESOME!

Last edited by TRISHIESfishie; 12-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #5 
tsoto80

k ill find something else then lol thanks
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #6 
WillowTree

I also had the 3-gallon version and while I liked the "idea" of the tank (cool shape, pretty lights, bubbles) I didn't like the tank itself. It was very difficult to keep clean and also very difficult to get a good view of my betta. I always had to search for him and figure out where he was which for me defeats the purpose. LOL.
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had the 2 gallon version and I thought it was a pain to clean.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #8 
Jupiter

I was considering getting one once since the deisgn looks nice, but like DQ mentioned, looks like a pain to clean.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Also, if you use a net to catch your fish before cleaning, it's hard to catch the fish because of the curved sides.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote