Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #11 
scootshoot

Nice tank! Love your last pic of the Cory "hiding" in the vegetation and it looks like your betta in the background is stalking him about to pounce...Just kidding!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #12 
celine18

haha thanks! weeeelll when i woke up this morning things seemed to of calmed down, they seemed pretty chill, and to bet getting along ok......
but when i got home just now, Sam immediately began to chase the cories around again, and upon close inspection, all 3 have varying levels of tears/nips in their dorsal fins....one has giant rips in it.....i'll give him a bit more time, but if they look any more beat up, he's gonna be whipped out of there faster than he can say "but moooommmmm....."

oh, also, when i got up this morning, he was EXTREMELY bloated, and my visible snail population had decreased, which isn't a biiig problem, except for the largeness of his belly...siiiiigh, this boy
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #13 
celine18

well sam came out of the tank today and went back in his bowl. he seems really depressed, i think he enjoyed picking on the cories, but that wasn't nice, so he'll just have to wait until i get him one of those 5 gallon kits from walmart. the cories seem much more outgoing, but sadly still seem slightly nervous....maybe they think if they have too much fun sam'll hop out from behind a plant and attack....

oh, and i did find out why sam was bloated. he was eating the cories algae wafers. you'd think they'd taste bad, but you can't stop a pig.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #14 
anglnarnld

Well maybe you can get another betta :) Im sure he or she will love that tank :)
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #15 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
oh, and i did find out why sam was bloated. he was eating the cories algae wafers. you'd think they'd taste bad, but you can't stop a pig.
Lol! That's so cute (maybe because he's not mine ). What a little piggy. :)
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #16 
JaspersANGEL

Oh sorry to hear that it did not work out!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #17 
shinybetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
so my mother's telling me i'm being paranoid (which i am, but they're my babies, who wouldn't be??) and to leave it for a few days to let them get used to each other. she keeps bringing up how the dog and cat didn't get along at first, and now they love each other....idk how well dog and cat philosophy transfers over to betta & corys...but either way, i cut the light off for an hour or so, then came back and fed them, and he seemed to of calmed down a bit, and the corys seemed slightly less on guard, so maaaaaaaaybe there's hope???

well my tank's pretty stuffed. once i stuffed Sams bowl with plants and he didn't seem too happy, so i'm trying to keep it kind of slightly open for him, because of that. but here's the pic spam, there's really not much more i can squeeze in there....i will have the plants from his bowl to put in there, if he doesn't need to be removed, which i just remembered, haha.

FTS:

with Sam:

chillin in the front, in the open spot:

and here's one of the cories, looking only slightly scared out of his mind as the evil demon approaches (MU HAHAHAHAHA!!!) ....i should really get some sleep...the stress is getting to me.....

thanks for all the help guys!!!
I know how dog and cat analogy relates: Betta=Guard Dog
Cory CATfish
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #18 
celine18

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Well maybe you can get another betta :) Im sure he or she will love that tank :)
yea, i thought about that, but i'd be worried if the new betta didn't get along with the cories, then i'd be dealing with 2 unfriendly bettas, which would make my parents even more pissed. being an only child, there's only me to nag, and fish have been the subject lately.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
Lol! That's so cute (maybe because he's not mine ). What a little piggy. :)
haha yes, it is entirely because he's not yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaspersANGEL View Post
Oh sorry to hear that it did not work out!
thanks, he's caused a lot of problems lately because he couldn't get along with his tank mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
I know how dog and cat analogy relates: Betta=Guard Dog
Cory CATfish
lol i think it'd be more like betta=rabies infested dog, cory=squirrel that's caught his attention