Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #1 
demonicangel132007

Happy (Early) Birthday to Me!

I had a little extra money after paying my stupid school bill and thought, "You know I've been really, really depressed for awhile. Why not make yourself a little happy?" So went to the fish section at Wal-Mart and lo and behold, the beautiful VT I found earlier this week was still there (hidden but not hidden well Muahahahaha!).

Anyway, I have decided to name him Tvarscki. Kind of a reminder of my old life (no not as a drunk :) but as my life when I was happy, drinking with friends (and the first vodka I got drunk on, lol).

I'll have a picture posted for you soon, but my computer doesn't have a memory card reader, the cord camera cord is MIA and my brother is hogging the main computer in the living room. :

But I'm excited. I finally have my betta, now to go and get him settled in, in his new home.
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #2 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

awwe, congrats. cant wait to see pics =]
what color is he?
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #3 
demonicangel132007

I can't stop watching him. He's still floating in his cup, but it's in the 2.5 gallon tank and he's just so itty bitty, smaller than the ones I had before but anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
awwe, congrats. cant wait to see pics =]
what color is he?
Thank you. His coloring is a bit weird. His face is black and that then the rest of his body is dark blue, with red on his ventral fins (yes, I had to look that up, lol). He also has a bit of red in his fins that only show in a certain light when he flares (that I unfortunately couldn't capture on on my camera but it is really pretty).
Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #4 
puppyrjjkm

Congrats! He sounds pretty :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #5 
crowntail lover

He sounds gorgeous!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #6 
Jupiter

Congrats on the new boy! Can't wait to see pics. I edned up treating myself to a 'birthday gift' too. ;)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #7 
demonicangel132007

As requested a photo. I was only able to get one good one before my camera died and I've lost my charger for my batteries and have to find my mother's. So this is Tvarscki in his cup.

I was trying to hold him up to the sunlight so you could see his colors, but believe it or not he does have a little red on him it just for some reason did not show up in the picture. Grr.

Apparently, the fish guy at Wal-Mart said that December is the most popular time to buy bettas since they are used for Christmas decorations at parties. :( So I feel in a way I saved him from that.

He is now in a 2.5 gallon aquarium, having a blast. His favorite thing to do? Torment my cat, Mysti who sat on my dresser where the tank is watching him for almost an hour yesterday. I feel extremely safe with him in there since it has a really good fitting lid. I'll get a picture of that as soon as I get my batteries charged.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's such a pretty bright blue.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #9 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
He's such a pretty bright blue.
He really is, I'm having trouble finding some lighting good enough to showcase that. He looks really gorgeous during the day when my room is filled with sunlight.