Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #1 
baylee767

Talking Ants are torturing my Betta!

I noticed Velvet was swimming in circles with his nose pressed onto the bottom. I was freaked out and thought he got hurt somehow or something, but it turns out that there were ants under his tank.

You see, the house we moved into had a big ant problem. It has been subdued by us, but it's still there. I had put a bowl of water next to the tank earlier to hold his plants while I did a water change, and I never put it away. Because he's in a kritter keeper, which has a raised bottom on tiny legs, there was a gap. So, 4 ants were running around under velvets tank and he ws trying to get them! I killed the ants of course.

Another cute thing! Today I just got some java fern and Anarchis and I'm floating it and my Bettas are both sleeping in the plants! Velvet was sleeping in java fern, but I can't see what Neon was sleeping in. These Bettas do the funniest things sometimes!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #2 
Feral

I might have been inclined to leave them there- at least he wasn't getting bored! Maybe half squash one now and then and give it to him as a reward? Only thing is some ants are high in formic acid...
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #3 
baylee767

Oh good idea! Well if any ants ever come again Velvet gets his torturous play time. It is kinda cute to watch, too, with his little tail sticking up. Wish I had thought of it like that yesterday /=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote